Thread: John Tomlinson

puentepat

Default John Tomlinson

I wonder if anyone can help? My great grandfather was John Tomlinson born in 1854 in Westmorland. He served as a Police Constable in Glasgow in 1881 and was transfered to Liverpool about 1884. He is in the 1891 and 1901 census as a Police Constable living in Toxteth Park. I am looking for any records of his service with the Police.

thanks Pat

MarkJ

Hi Pat,

I have moved this thread to the Policemen forum where hopefully it will receive a response.

Mark

puentepat

Default John Tomlinson

Hi,

Thanks for the info. My John Tomlinson has to be the one who retired in 1912 as he was born in 1854 and the 1901 census says he was a Police Constable. Do you know where I can look for any other info ie his service history or any comments? Although he was born in Westmorland he was a Police Constable in Glasgow for a few years and they have his records from when he was there.

Pat

puentepat

Default John Tomlinson

Thanks again. I had not realised these records were at the William Brown or I would have looked at them a few months ago when I was there. Next time I am in Liverpool I will look them up.

Much appreciated

Pat

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default mark

Quote Originally Posted by puentepat View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help? My great grandfather was John Tomlinson born in 1854 in Westmorland. He served as a Police Constable in Glasgow in 1881 and was transfered to Liverpool about 1884. He is in the 1891 and 1901 census as a Police Constable living in Toxteth Park. I am looking for any records of his service with the Police.

thanks Pat
    hi pat my great great grandfather was john tomlinson,so we must be related,did you find any info on him,my dad tried but found liverpool records destroyed in the blitz,we got a bit of his time in glasgow,he had a massive 10 children,anyway hope to hear from you soon
    mark turner