Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    spison

Wayne, I'm so sorry.
    Things have been tricky here and now you've missed it. I don't know how I missed your penultimate post. I certainly will look up the info for you when I next get there which won't be for a couple of weeks. (My daughter's off to Canberra to study (yet again) and things are very hectic.)
    Jane

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks for the post.

We all get busy and forget or miss things.

k, I missed the launch of the book.

Have a good day and I hope things settle down a bit for you soon.

I was not after any info from it, I may have bought a copy and also verified my great grandmother's info was correct though.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Aussiebird

Wayne

my ggg grandparents were reintered from Devonshire Street Cemetery in Rookwood Cemetery, you may like to try there. https://rookwoodcemetery.com.au/

Cheers

Procat

I tried the Rookwood Cemetary Inscriptions CD without success. But given the circumstances it would be unlikely he would have a memorial I suspect.

Thanks,

I had tried Rookwood Cemetery and like you have found, they have no record of him.

I wonder who has the originals of the burial records for Devonshire Street incase the copy held by ESMP has a page missing or he is for some reason in another section.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by spison View Post
    Dear Wayne,
    The original Wallsend Cemetery in Newcastle also suffered this ignominity. Some of the oldest headstones were moved to Sandgate but the rest were crushed. The bodies were left where they lay. At least this cemetery is now a park - appropriately called "Rest Park." Good luck with finding any church references. Keep us up to date.
    Jane
    Hi and thanks, My great grandmother Mary Jane Charlotte Perkins (NEE: Barrett) was buried in the Old Wallsend Cemetery in 1922 (no headstone that I know of, her obit at the time says she died in the Wallsend Hospital and was being buried in the Wallsend Cemetery).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234