mike lee

Default MCHUGH,MCHALE,RUANE-TURLOUGH

HI,,,I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING MY FAMILY IN IRELAND,,COUNTY MAYO. I HAVE SOME INFORMATION ON THE MCHUGH/MCHALES OF THE CARROWKEEL/LACK/ AREA. THERE IS A CONNECTION WITH THE RUANE NAME ASWELL,,ALTHOUGH I DO NOT HAVE MUCH ON THAT AS YET.. IF ANYONE IS RESEACHING ANY OF THESE NAMES,,I WOULD BE GLAD TO EXCHANGE INFO/EXPERIENCES. REGARDS,,,MIKE LEE.

Mary S (WA)

Default McHugh

I am looking up McHughs who came from the Ballycroy area of Western Mayo. There doesn't seem to be any left now. They went to USA to Philadelphia and Cleveland (and elsewhere) over the years.
    Cheers Mary S

tommymchugh

Hi, I am also looking at the McHugh family from Co Mayo. I have Martin McHugh born 1845 (son of Patrick & Mary) died 28th July 1904 in Cheshire. He was married to Mary Ruane Feb 1868, she was born in 1841. I can follow this line to the present day. It looks like the famine was the cause of them leaving and going to Cheshire, though they settled in Bradford. If any of my info is of use let me know and i can send you the details.

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

Hi Tommy,,,thanks for your message,,,,i would be fascinated to recieve any information that you have on the McHugh family of Middlewich. Martin is my gt gt grandfather through his son peter. I recently visted Middlewich to see the church where the children were baptized,and to visit the cemetery. I have the family on the censuses,,except when they disappear from the 1891 census ? One of my family mysteries,,i suspect they went back to Ireland,as Martins son Peter marries a girl from Lack,County Mayo.Looking forward to hearing from you. Mike.

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

hi,,it seems that you have traced the wrong thomas mchugh,,,what a shame ! i thought i had met some new long lost rellies Never mind,,,,hope you can find your Thomas proper parents now that you know you went wrong,,,regards GB