Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wells

ozzy1945

Unhappy Wells

Hi,
    I am trying to find the Wells family that lived in Woodlands, Bartly, New Forest.
    Freaderick James Wells had a daughter name of Annie.I don't know her mothers name. Please can any one help.

Super Moderator

Do you have any idea of the date you are looking for?

We can check the census returns if it is before 1911.

ozzy1945

Smile Wells

HI,
    The only one I can find is 1871, dont know if this is him. Annie born 1920

Thank you

Lincoln Lad

FreeBMD shows a birth for Annie F Wells, J/F/M 1920 with mothers maiden name of Lamb, N.Forest 2b 1665. Unfortunately, I cannot see a marriage between a Frederick Wells and a Miss Lamb. The best solution would be to order the birth certificate for Annie to confirm the mothers name and the look again for the marriage.

ozzy1945

Talking Wells

Thanks very much will do that.

v.wells

Ozzy1945 - let us know what you turn up! I am doing Wells research and I believe that there were several in the New Forest area and I do have some certificates of Wells that I have yet to get to. They are not necessarily wrong certs - just unknowns at this time.

I did look for a marriage for Lamb to Wells but I may not have gone far enough. I did find an Emily Lamb marrying a Wells 1Q 1920 in Barton but not double checked it yet.

Lincoln Lad

Vanessa, that was a marriage of a Percy Wells to Emily in Barton Upon Irwell, Lancashire, so not them.

v.wells

Yes I remember that I had looked to see which Wells it was - I had forgotten I did that . But one never knows if there is a connection or not - I looked at my semi-useless certificates and didn't find anything close. I will have to look further. Anyway it will be interesting to find out which Wells married Lamb. I have a long list of possibles in the New Forest area and there could be connected relationships none of which I think are mine although some left the East Peckham area and relocated to New Forest I think.

ozzy1945

Smile Wells

Thanks to all,
    I have ordered the birth certificate of Annie and will let you all know what it as to say. I have only just started on my Wells family so got a long why to go yet. I got her fathers name from her marrige certificate I had a copy of that. He was Freaderick James Wells, general labourer, address Pundle Green, Bartley,copythrne New Forest.

v.wells

Ozzy - Wells births with mother's maiden name Lamb all born New Forest, Sussex, IOW:

Louis Wells 1917 3Q
    Annie F. Wells 1920 1Q
    George H. Wells 1922 3Q
    Lily M. Wells 1925 1Q

Do any of these jive with your tree? The marriage had to have occurred before/near 1917. Do you have a death cert for him or is he not a direct relative that you are concerned about? Sometimes on the death cert it will say who they are/were married to. I will keep looking - did not find anything yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast