patrick barnes

Cool Kate Sheridan/Patrick Eaton, Co Cavan

Hi All,
    I've been trying to research Patrick Eaton and his wife Kate Lee Sheridan. A tall order I know as there are many Sheridans in the Cavan area, but if anyone can help, I'd be very pleased to hear from you.

My Great Grandfather was Patrick Eaton, married to Kate Lee Sheridan. I assume married about 1900 in Cavan. I feel certain that my research which goes back two further generations on the Eatons is correct, as far as Patrick Eaton born 1864 in Cavan and his Father, Charles Eaton married to Marry Dempsey.

There are some gaps that I'm trying to fill, particularly on the Sheridans. Very difficult to know where to start as I can't find anything on Kate Lee's ancestry. If anyone has any information, I'll be very grateful.

Patrick
    Last edited by patrick barnes; 17-05-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Need to add on

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

There is a set of books called Exploring Family Origins. These cover various towns in Ireland. You will find the site to order from if you google. They have a book for Cavan town. You will have to buy it, but it has 1901 and 1911 census, Griffiths Valuations and several directories.
    I bought the one for Letterkenny and it was brilliant.
    Sue

patrick barnes

Thanks Sue, Its always nice to have some ones recommendations before I start spending money. I'll get on to that.

Regards,

Patrick

Muju1

Hi Patrick

I have sent you an email as I believe we are related. Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Mary