Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bell/diamond

Starting to feel at home.

Default Bell/diamond

Looking for info re these families

Robert BELL 1892. Married Isabella DIAMOND 1914 Old Kilpatrick, Both living in Clydebank at time of marriage though can't find either families on 1891 census.

Robert BELL's parents James BELL & Mary-Jane. Unsure mothers maiden name as not very clear on marriage cert. Appears to be EWING though really not sure this is right.

Isabella DIAMOND's parents Michael DIAMOND & Rose-Ann. Again mothers maiden name unclear Appears to be DIAMOND too.

Does anyone have anything aobut these families especially mothers maiden names?
    Any information appreciated.

Thanks You
    amanda

Default update

Still looking for details of these families.

Mary-jane BELL (maiden name unclear) died prior to sons wedding 1914. I have tried searching for her death under her married name and have so far found nothing.

Also tried IGI for both parents marriage, again nothing.

Can anyone help me at all??

Regards

Amanda

Default Update

Mary Jane EWING was mother of Robert BELL b 1892.
    Mary Jane died 1893 age 32 Angus, (St Peter).

haven't been able to obtain any further information yet.
    assume Robert was also born in Angus (not sure though). I still know nothing about James BELL at this time. Not managed to obtain any marriage details for this couple as yet.

Any help appreciated
    regards
    Amanda

Loves to help with queries.

Talking Bell/Diamond

Do you mean that they were married in O.K.? or that she came from there?
    Absence from the Census is no big deal I have several relis that I know where definetly in O.K &Dalmuir but there is no mention on the Census.
    Next time Im there will look in O.K.cemetery for Bell/Diamonds to see if that can give any clues.Do you know occupations? Chances are they worked shipyards and or Singers-possibly at the same time as my Granny.
    Former Bankie

Smile

Thanks very much for your kind offer, but been there already!
    I too am a former bankie and have searched all of dalnotter Cemetery for them and found nothing. Have also sat in Clydebank library scrolling through 1901 census for them.
    They were married in parish of Old KIlpatrick, but their residence was given as John Knox St and Elgin St.
    I have searched both these street names on census and they weren't there. No big surprise really since they married 13 years after the census was taken so could have been anywhere.

I also searched scotlands people for the parents of Robert BELL marriage, but found nothing at all!
    I have also looked further into the mary Jane Ewing who died in Angus and it turns out she was married to someone else, so either her husband is not the father of Robert and his surname is different for this reason or it is the wrong person ( isuspect the latter).
    All i know for sure is what i have on the marriage cert.
    Isabella DIAMOND side is all from Ireland so having fun with that one too!!

Many thanks for your interest in my brick wall, and if you have any suggestions i would be very grateful to hear them! It seems these are very common names and proving very difficult to find!

Amanda

Talking bell /diamond

Have you tried O.K. cemetery itself.Chances are that if they married in O.K they would be Non Catholic (no Catholic Church there.) & could possibly have
    family buried there- most headstones are in good nick & readable.
    Have you tried The Clydebank Post -not sure how far back they go or if they have archive.Have you tried Archives in Dumbarton I know my Mum tracked down info not aviable in Clydebank.

I didn't try O.K cemetary because i know that they lived in Whitecrook for part of their life and also Paisley at one point too. Whitecrook was the latter part of their life though.
    When searching through Dalnotter, a lot of the headstones were very badly damaged, or no headstone at all.
    I will haveto find out if there are some sort of archives somewhere that has a list of the "residents" of the cemetery. One of my other relatives is definately in there and we couldn't find her grave even though we knew roughly where it should have been.

Thanks for all your suggestions, i will see if the Clydebank Post have any information.

Thanks again
    Amanda

Thumbs up RE Dalnottar Cemetery

If you know name of relative & approx date of death go to the Gate of Cemetery they have books there with names of those buried.(not sure how far back)
    My mum helped locate the grave of her cousin for her son there.
    Good luck - I am within walking distance of Dalnottar ( when visiting!!!) I would be glad to take a look. Be there in about three weeks.

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

How do i go about contacting Gate of Cemetery? When i last visited Dalnotter is looked as though it was unmanned!
    It would certainly help if i could find out for sure if they are in there somewhere. As i mentioned my great great grandmother is definately there and we didn't have any luck finding her even though my gran told is exactly where she should have been. So many of the gravestones are badly damaged it is a real shame!

Enjoy your next visit to Clydebank!
    Regards
    Amanda

Thumbs up bell/diamond dalnottar cemetery

I think its a case of being lucky. We went during working hours & asked the
    Gardeners -the books were on the premises but I still dont know how far back they go. I still think O.K cemetery is a good bet as they were married there. Usually there would have been some connection to the village.How I wish my "News OF the World" Granny was still alive she could probably have told you what their fav food was(she knew everybody & all off their buisness).
    Do you know their occupations ? Have you tried trade directories? Apprenticeship records?
    I will be in O.K. cemetery as its my Dads 32nd Anniversary yesterday- Iam now older than him really weird.I will have a look in my travels & will let you know if I have any luck.
    Everybody has brick walls but thats what makes it so satisfying when we have a eureka moment. I havent had many.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast