Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thomasin

Well done, AdeleE.

Ten thousand and eleven and still counting. Can we open the betting on 11,000 yet?

Thomasin

Davran

Congratulations AdeleE. Sorry, this is very late, but I wasn't online at the time of the announcement. Please forgive me... it was my birthday, so had other things to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Congratulations AdeleE. Sorry, this is very late, but I wasn't online at the time of the announcement. Please forgive me... it was my birthday, so had other things to do!
    Gosh Davran! How did that one slip through the net! A very belated Happy Birthday and apologies for missing it. I have a sneaking suspicion that you were born the same year as me, in which case it was a 'special' one as well

Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Well Done Adele,
    BTW what horse are you backing in the next big race? We will all go with your choice.
    I used to be an accountant until I got a life, so it was done very scientifically with a spreadsheet, probabilities involving the 5.68 posts a day (or however many there were). etc.

Then I added in a bit of hocus pocus at the end to pick an exact moment.
    I chose the 9th second of the 8th minute of the 7th hour of the 7th day of the 8th month of the 9th year.

I must say that this is much better than the last prize I won. That was a hanging plastic birdhouse shaped like an astonished cat. Yes, the birds enter via cat's mouth. I will gladly donate this for the next competition.

Thanks very much to Bo Peep and her suppliers for their generousity!

Adele

Late-breaking idea! Would our second place finisher like the cat? Finbar?
    Last edited by AdeleE; 11-08-2009 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Late-breaking idea

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    I used to be an accountant until I got a life, so it was done very scientifically with a spreadsheet, probabilities involving the 5.68 posts a day (or however many there were). etc.

Then I added in a bit of hocus pocus at the end to pick an exact moment.
    I chose the 9th second of the 8th minute of the 7th hour of the 7th day of the 8th month of the 9th year.

Adele
    It was obviously the hocus pocus that the rest of us forgot to account for.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Gosh Davran! How did that one slip through the net! A very belated Happy Birthday and apologies for missing it.

Sorry, Davran, I missed it too.

Hope you had a lovely day.

busyglen

Sorry I missed it too Davran.

Glenys

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE
    It wasn't throwing a dart, whilst blindfolded, at a calendar then?

Then I added in a bit of hocus pocus at the end to pick an exact moment. I chose the 9th second of the 8th minute of the 7th hour of the 7th day of the 8th month of the 9th year.
    Aaaaaaaaaaah - I'll bear that in mind for the next competition! Glad that some scientific process was involved to reach an answer.

I must say that this is much better than the last prize I won. That was a hanging plastic birdhouse shaped like an astonished cat. Yes, the birds enter via cat's mouth.
    Gruesome! - Have any cats cottoned on to this, removed the birdhouse and sat there expectantly?

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    It was Geoffers who donated the main prize, so it is he that deserves your thanks.
    Geoffers, you didn't tell us that you were the gift certificate donour! Thank you so much. How generous!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Gruesome! - Have any cats cottoned on to this, removed the birdhouse and sat there expectantly?
    Oh, dear..I hadn't thought of that scenario....I think the birds would notice that the switch had been made, don't you?

ET in the USA

We just got back from a week on the boat, so arriving somewhat late to the party.

Congrats to the winners.

Things looked good for my Aug 17 guess for a while, but Geoffers hit a sudden information spurt
    Elaine

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011