Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lindy Lou

Smile Swords of Offaly.

I would really appreciate it if anybody would have any knowledge of any Swords living in Offaly. I'm researching my family tree and think that there is a possibility that some of my Ancestors lived there. The names could be Edward and Maurice Swords.
    Many thanks, Lindy Lou.

Loves to help with queries

Default Swords

Lindy Lou
    In the 1901 census for Tullamore ,no 11 Wheatley's Lane there is a Julia Swords,laundress. Unfortunately I do not have any other details other than this, but it may be helpful.

Tullamore

Lindy Lou

Question Swords.

Many thanks for your help, this is getting more frustrating 'cos all the names that are popping up for Swords in Offaly etc. are very strong in my tree but I still can't make a concrete connection. I have a Great Great Grandmother Julia Swords nee Byrne, she had a daughter Julia Swords. My Great, Great Grandmother Julia nee Byrne married Robert Swords his parents were named Maurice and Mary nee Freeman but have no birth place for either of these.
    Regards Lindy Lou.

Loves to help with queries

Default Swords

Hello agin Lindy Lou,

Do you have a time frame for your Swords and any confirmed info for younger Julia such as date of birth, I can have another look.

Tullamore

Lindy Lou

Question Swords.

Hi Tullamore, I have gone back to my Great, Great Grandfather Robert Swords born Dublin in 1844, also his brothers and sisters all born in Dublin. I have no information on his parents Maurice and Mary (nee Cartwright) Swords. I feel that somewhere along the line there is a strong possiblity that they are connected to the Swords in Parsonstown, Offaly. A lot of names in the Parsonstown Swords are repeated in my Swords. There is an Edward Swords born in Parsonstown born 14/06/1899, he is the son of Maurice and Eliza (nee Hogan). My Great Grandmother's brother's (Robert) Godmother was an Elizabeth Hogan. He was born in Dublin in 1870 also his brother's (Edward) Godfather was a John Hogan. There surely has to be a connection. I would be most grateful if you would be able to throw some light on this for me.
    Kind regards, Lindy Lou.

locallad27

Ancestry has
    1891 census;
    Benjamin Sword, head, 47, groom, Offaly
    Wife; Sarah
    Dtr; Annie.

obbie

swords of dublin city center
    https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy....ntury=&decade=

(google) rootsireland a fee paying site , but search for free
    all swords
    Baptismal/Birth Records for Co. Offaly 165
    Marriage Records for Co. Offaly 70
    Burial/Death Records for Co. Offaly 52

go down left side and enter offaly

you can go into dublin north and south also the suburbs

locallad27

Swords of Offaly/Kings County here;

https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

https://search.labs.familysearch.org (Irish Civil Register) began 1864

Jack

K-Team

Default Sword Family in USA

I'm trying to make a connection between the Sword family in the USA and Europe. I can trace back as far as Henry Sword in Virginia. He died in 1777 and was married to Polly Justice. They had three children: Michael, Phillip, and Sarah "Sallie." Can anyone help me to make a connection?

Thank you so much,

Kerry L. Sword

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Lou View Post
    I would really appreciate it if anybody would have any knowledge of any Swords living in Offaly. I'm researching my family tree and think that there is a possibility that some of my Ancestors lived there. The names could be Edward and Maurice Swords.
    Many thanks, Lindy Lou.
    Not in Offaly, My grandfather was Edward Maurice Swords, and my father was Maurice swords. Maurice was born in BIRR, his brother Martin was born in Templemore, all are deceased and lived in Canada. hope that helps.
    regards
    Pat Swords

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast