Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alfred girling

Default girlings suffolk london east

i am interested in the girlings from benhall great glemham area and there families eber girling m sarah packard benhall,william girling m emily rickard benhall and london,william john girling m caroline lake plumstead london

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Alfred

I am researching Packard in Great Glemham. Not found any connection to Benhall yet but many in Great Glemham.

Ben

alfred girling

Default packards suffolk

Ben,

I have found a lot for the packards my main worry is eber girling. sarah packard that married him was born little glemham they married benhall. eber was born great glemham so perhaps she was living there when they met.

Alf

alfred girling

Default packards

Ben,

Sarahs father joseph was born woodbridge 1755.

Alf

Hi Alfred

I have a Joseph Packard born in 1736 in Great Glemham, son of Peter born 1703 and Dorcas Packard nee Cattermole. Peters father was George Packard born in Hoxne in 1668. Someone has researched the Packard family back to the 1500s.

Ben

alfred girling

Default packards suffolk

Ben,

Yes i have them, there children were peter 1733, joseph 1736, thomas 1748.I have them back to richard packard 1468-1531,earl stonham.You probably have the same tree.I see the cattamores on there. there is a lot on america.my packards go back to framlingham where they married into the folkards in the 1600's i also have a lot on them. if i can help in any way just ask.

all the best

Alf

Hi Alf

It is rumoured that the Packards originated in Wymondham in Norfolk before 1450 to a Moses Packard.

Are you a direct descendant of Peter Packard born in 1703 or another branch of the line?

Ben

alfred girling

Ben,

I have not found a connection to these packard's as yet, but as we go back i am hoping i may do. there were Girling's, packard's and folkard's in framlingham in the 1600's so there is a good chance. The tree i have for peter starts from a richard in earl stonham 1468, cant find wymondham,then the line is john,moses,george,john,john,george,peter.It looks like this is a connection to me what do you think.

all the best alf

Hi Alf

Yes the Peter, George, John and so on Packard line is my one.

Ben

alfred girling

Ben,

Well you have struck gold, i have found a connection to wymondham. ensign samuel packard son of george was born stonham aspal 17/8/1612 and married elizabeth stream in wymondham 17/9/1632 they emmigrated to america on the diligence in 26/4/1638, he has a large tree over there. how much have you on these packards and which one are you related too.

Alf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast