Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tim Haylock

Hello again Mary

I'm having a good look through the info you sent me and comparing it with what I have. I'll get around to sending you stuff this weekend.

I'm interested to know who your mother-in-law still has contact with on my great grandfather's (Jimmy) branch of the family. Where did your husband's branch of the family (Henry) settle?

Tim

A fountain of knowledge mary elms's Avatar

Hello Tim,

I'll have to ask my mother-in-law to be sure who she's in contact with (though I think I know) as she tends to assume I know things by telepathy and she might be in contact with more than one member of the family. She was evacuated out to family in Norfolk during the war and she has some contacts from that time - some she kept on and some she picked up again when she went back to the area as an adult.

When I read her the information you posted she interupted with "Oh yes, and he married Dorothy Wright". Needless to say this was news to me! Because she knows it she doesn't think it's important - she's only interested in finding out what she doesn't know - but I can't do that if she doesn't tell me what she knows .................

Henry HAYLOCK moved to the Medway area where he met a Sussex lass with Norfolk roots and married her. They settled in Chatham. Amy Dorothy married a Medway man with Essex roots and they settled in Rochester.

I too would be interested t oknow if there were HAYLOCKs in Carbrooke before George. I'm getting impatient about a certain machine that's been held up on it's way here - profuse apologies all round but still no reader.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Mary.
    Last edited by mary elms; 18-01-2006 at 10:23 PM.

MartinWilkin

Quote Originally Posted by mary elms
    I've been tracing this family back through the records of Carbrooke (Norfolk) & the surrounding parishes for a number of years now only to come to a complete stop at the marriage of

Joseph HAYLOCK & Elizabeth BROOKE in 1778

before which the family completely vanishes from the records.

I suspect that they may actually originate from Cambridgeshire and that what I've been following is one of their more easterly branches. But I find myself stumped as to how to begin to search for a link.

Anyone got any ideas?
    I remember a gentleman named Haylock purchased a farm in Aldreth from my father in 1945. He was related to Fred Darby in Sutton and was well known in the area.

elainepenn

Default Haylock family

Hi
    I have only just found this site and only just started researching my family tree on my father's side. My father is Eric Haylock who was born 12.10.1920 in London. His father was Walter Haylock who grew up in Essex - Steeple Bumpstead I think. I don't know much more about him other than he was in the army in the first world war and moved to London. I think both his parents died when he was quite young.
    Does anyone know any more?
    Thanks
    Elaine

davidcarca

Get details of your grandmother from your father - maiden name in particular. Then you can track down the marriage of his parents. From their marriage certificate you will learn the names of their fathers. Hopefully then you will get back past 1901 when you can start to find families on the censuses

On https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl there is the birth of Eric W Haylock in the December quarter 1920 in Marylebone where the mother's maiden name is Courtman. Is this your father? If so Walter W Haylock married Florence M Courtman in the June quarter 1920 in Wandsworth registration district vol 1d page 1479

David

valinewell

hi everyone im new to the sight but have linke through my maternal grandmother to haylocks line again ive taced back my gr gr gr gr grandmother Lydia ann haylock( 1822) and her father and mother joseph and mary ann c 1790..... all around the steeple bumpstead area....anything anyone can help with would be geat

thnks wayne

valinewell

hi tim I have a feeling we are linked somewhere...my grt 4x grandnmother Lydia ann haylock( hardy...risbridge area) her parents joseph and mary ann...1790 ish....if so would you let me have sight of anything you may have ...cheers wayne henry I can let you have my e mail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123