Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pated

Default HALL FAMILY - KIRTON, BOSTON, LINCS

I'm looking for descendants of John George Hall (always known as George) and Susan Biggadike who married in 1887 in Kirton, Lincs.
    They lived around the Kirton/Skeldyke area most of their lives.
    George was a fisherman and wildfowler on the Marsh. At one time they ran a fish shop in Kirton attached to the Kings Arms pub.
    Their known children were:
    George Thomas
    John George
    Martha E. married Joseph Sansam
    Gertrude Hall (I know about Gertrude as she is my line)
    Charles William Hall
    James Hall
    Harold Hall
    Walter Hall
    Arthur Hall married Ethel Warden
    Horace Hall married Christina SimpsonEdna May Hall (died young)
    Jack Hall (may have married Edith ?)
    Elizabeth Hall
    Any help with any of these people would be most appreciated, as I have been researching them for a number of years without success.
    Cheers,
    Pated

georgiep

Hi Pated from the West.
    I hope you don't mind my listing 1901 info? It may help people to find your Hall's and future connections.
    Good luck with your search.
    Best wishes
    Georgie

1901 John G Hall bn 1866 Kirton
    RG13/3040/f51 p2

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Pated,
    I think that tracing families forward is always the worse job, and when you have a common name such as Hall it's a nightmare.
    First of all, do you have the 1891, 1901, and all the 1911 census entries for the family? I say 'all the 1911' because by then at least Martha is married, and so is no doubt in a separate household. From any males who have married, you should be able to find out the maiden names of their wives, and then pick out their (possible) children born after September quarter 1911 by going through the GRO Index. You should be lucky with most of the quarters until about 1920 by referring to FreeBMD, but remember that FreeBMD is still very much a work in progress, and that you should really always refer to the full GRO Index. (FreeBMD is still quite good after 1920 till about 1930, but there are more gaps, though searching for Hall/Warden births 1920-1940 seems quite fruitful. )
    Then it's either wait a few more years for FreeBMD to get as far as the 1950s/60s, or hit the GRO Index yourself to try and bring the next generation forward.
    Though once you get people born approximately 1915 onwards you're getting into the realm of them being known by people still living, so it might be worth a letter to the local paper (google Boston Standard), asking if anyone knows of the families.
    Also if you have access to an Mormon church Family History Centre (aka LDS FHC) it might be worth ordering in the parish registers for Kirton church.
    Pam

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

I have sent you a PM

Sandy

Smile

Could this be another daughter

Births Jun qtr 1915
    Kathleen M Hall, mothers name Biggadike, Boston, Vol no 7a, page no 737

Sandy

Pated

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Hi Pated from the West.
    I hope you don't mind my listing 1901 info? It may help people to find your Hall's and future connections.
    Good luck with your search.
    Best wishes
    Georgie

1901 John G Hall bn 1866 Kirton
    RG13/3040/f51 p2
    Hi Georgie,

Many thanks for info. John George was my Great Grandfather so already have his info.
    But it may help others.

Cheers,

Pated.

Pated

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hi Pated,
    I think that tracing families forward is always the worse job, and when you have a common name such as Hall it's a nightmare.
    First of all, do you have the 1891, 1901, and all the 1911 census entries for the family? I say 'all the 1911' because by then at least Martha is married, and so is no doubt in a separate household. From any males who have married, you should be able to find out the maiden names of their wives, and then pick out their (possible) children born after September quarter 1911 by going through the GRO Index. You should be lucky with most of the quarters until about 1920 by referring to FreeBMD, but remember that FreeBMD is still very much a work in progress, and that you should really always refer to the full GRO Index. (FreeBMD is still quite good after 1920 till about 1930, but there are more gaps, though searching for Hall/Warden births 1920-1940 seems quite fruitful. )
    Then it's either wait a few more years for FreeBMD to get as far as the 1950s/60s, or hit the GRO Index yourself to try and bring the next generation forward.
    Though once you get people born approximately 1915 onwards you're getting into the realm of them being known by people still living, so it might be worth a letter to the local paper (google Boston Standard), asking if anyone knows of the families.
    Also if you have access to an Mormon church Family History Centre (aka LDS FHC) it might be worth ordering in the parish registers for Kirton church.
    Pam
    Hi Pam,
    Many thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I have done all you suggest. What I am really hoping for now is to come up with a family member in England, who is still alive.
    Unfortunately, I think a lot of the more recent marriages were in the Registry Office, rather than a church. As Hall is such a common name it's very difficult locating them on the GRO registers.

Cheers,

Pated.

georgiep

Hi Pated
    Looking at Horace, there's a birth, won't list name
    1st qtr 1942 maiden Simpson at Mt Bosworth.
    There's also a swag of Hall nee Warden kiddies, Boston rego.
    Please let me know if you would like the info on these birth,s will pm as they may be alive.
    Good luck!

Georgie

Smile

Hi Pated
    Please let me know if you would like the info on these birth,s will pm as they may be alive.
    Good luck!

Georgie
    Hi I've already sent him them by PM
    Sandy

Pated

Default HALL FAMILY - KIRTON, BOSTON, LINCS

Hi Pated
    Good luck!

Georgie
    Hi Georgie,
    Many thanks for info. I do know about Horace and his children.
    I would like to know some more of the births for Hall/Warden if you can find any more for me. There should be about 11 children. I already know the following - Charles b 1924, Aiden b?, Geoffrey b 1927, Sylvia b 1929, Derek b 1931,Irene b 1930, Maurice b 1933 and Doreen b 1940.
    I believe there would be some others between Maurice and Doreen.
    Thank you for your help,
    Cheers,
    Pat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast