lynnelay

Smile St Philip's registers for 1830 to 1855

Hi most of my family are from Liverpool and I am now good at using their resources. However, it appears that a Samuel HARVEY and his wife
    Susanna(h) went from Birmingham to Liverpool c 1853. I would like to look up the Christenings of their children at St Philip's B'ham and their marriage (not on Free BMD). Not sure where that was. First child in 1851 census at Kings Norton Worcester was born Nov 1838. family search says they were all christened at St Philips.
    I can find the family 1861 census in Liverpool, with out father Samuel (d 1860) and with other children but NOT my great grand parent Eliza Agnes HARVEY whose father Samuel was a weighing machine fitter as was the father of the family that moved from Birmingham. they have a girl born at the correct time but they call her Ellen. ( I think this might be a mistake by the enumerator)
    If i could access the St Philips records (preferably on line0 I feel this would help.
    I have found a marriage between a Samuel Harvey and Susannah Carter in Harbourne Staffordshire 1836

HELP Ow that hurt

Kaff

Hi

There are records from St Philips on IGI. Try the links from Hugh Wallis site.

Kaff

lynnelay

Smile

Thanks I have tried Hugh Wallis' site and found their christenings. Thanks again.
    lancashire have an on line parish clerk, which gives exact copies of the church register. This sometimes includes 'son of' and gives mother's maiden name
    thanks Lynne

Kaff

Hi

I have been doing some research in the Birmingham area via the net and I don't think that any of the records are on line. Birmingham City Council do have a heritage section and I have found them quite helpful. Obviously you have to pay.

You might want to look at their website or email

[email protected]

Kaff

lynnelay

thanks I'll try doing that. I also thought that I could get one of the older children's birth certificate and compare it to my Eliza Agnes Harvey's. Do you think that would work.

Kaff

It's worth a try. Even if the fathers occupation was different, hopefully the mothers maiden name would be the same.

lynnelay

I have received Samuel HARVEY b 1843 birth certificate and the mother's maiden name and father's occupation are the same so I am assuming that this is Eliza Agnes' family.
    The only Samuel HARVEY and Susanna CARTER marriage I can find on IGI is at Harborne in Staffordshire? Is this because the counties have changed or are there 2 harbornes?
    I have 2 possible births for these 2 people and would like to know how to find coroberating evidence (evidence found on IGI)
    Thanks Lynne

Red Kite

Harborne I think has always been in Staffordshire, but is only about 3 miles from central Birmingham, so it's quite feasible.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There are various threads about Samuel Harvey and his wife Susanna(h) Carter and their family.

To avoid duplicating previous research please refer to post #7 in the link given, and post any further replies there.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...usannah-Carter

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”