Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Sue
    The Luscombes are a family I have not been able to make any traction on. I have two strong candidates for Mary Luscombe BOTH daughters of John and Elizabeth Luscombe and then there are four candidates for John and Elizabeth Luscombe. I have ordered the films through the LDS but realistically they are unlikely to arrive before 2010 ie the first project for the new year.

Amongst the children of the first marriage of another of my ancestors two daughters married two Luscombes.
    Edmund Luscombe of East Stonehouse married Catherine Peard of Southampton c 1813
    Mathew Luscombe married Charlotte Peard

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Don't you just wish you could have a seance? I know I do!!

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by sue2white View Post
    Don't you just wish you could have a seance?|
    Or make use of the "psychics" used in programs like "Sensing Murder"

I notice that is one avenue NOT used to date by WDYTYA. Wonder why???

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Or make use of the "psychics" used in programs like "Sensing Murder"
    Sounds fascinating! We don't get that programme here!!

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by sue2white View Post
    Sounds fascinating! We don't get that programme here!!
    Trust me - you are not missing anything by not having the programme there. I suspect they edit out all the bits the "psychic" gets totally wrong.
    IF anyone genuinely had these skills you think they would be the most sought after genealogical researcher on the planet bar none. In the mean time the nearest thing we have at hand are the numerous "genie angels"

Rosedoug

I'm a descendant of the Luscombe family (Elizabeth Saunders Luscombe was my great-great-great-grandmother) and have been updating that lineage. If there's anyone else doing likewise, please make contact and we can share our findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosedoug View Post
    I'm a descendant of the Luscombe family (Elizabeth Saunders Luscombe was my great-great-great-grandmother) and have been updating that lineage. If there's anyone else doing likewise, please make contact and we can share our findings.
    I have made significant progress,.... and it turns out that my Mary Luscombe and your Elizabeth Saunders Luscombe were sisters. At least three of Elizabeth's children seem to have found their way to New Zealand. Send me a private message and we can continue this via email ..... whilst in Codiv-19 isolation. New Zealand has just raised its alert level.
    Daryl

I have, at last, located Henry Duncan's marriage to Mary Luscombe, in East Stonehouse, Devon, in 1794.
    "Henry Duncan, Esq., Lieutenant of His Majesty's Ship - The Tremendery appeareth personally, and maketh Oath that he is an unmarried Man, upward of Twentyone Years of age and not related within the forbidden Degrees to Mary Luscombe of East Sonehouse Spinster"
    In the margin appears this note "(22)", which I am taking to be Henry's age, which corresponds to a birth in 1772.
    My research shows that Henry Duncan and Mary Luscombe were second cousins.

A good find - what was the source?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Eventually showed up index of Familysearch "England, Devon and Cornwall Marriages, 1660-1912" with image!
    I was trawling through my posts looking for something else and I noticed that this question was un-answered .... from a time "pre-retirement"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12