Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    seasickken

Default CROTANSTOWN HOUSE/CORCORAN

Could anybody help with this,
    My father in law David Corcoran17/12/1923 he died two years ago, he was baptised at St Conleths Newbridge. His father was James 1867...1930. Mother was Teresa nee Smith (don't know any dates) Father of James is David 1842ish....1902.
    There is an old photograph which has a burial stone showing "Our Beloved Father David Corcoran 1842...1902, underneath it says Crotanstown House?
    This is in Newbridge cemetry I think.

Also on the stone are other names, John Conway and John Joseph Conway and the dates of death, I can't make them out .
    Why would Crotanstown House be on the stone?. James and teresa had another son named Octarius Thomas Corcoran but I can't find any details of him or where any of them resided.

Any ideas
    Thanks Ken

Marie C..

Answer to your last question... presumably because that was his home. Google Crotanstown House or Corcorans in Kildare. Lots of snippets of info. M

Marie C..

ps.
    Have you tried Kildare local studies and genealogy Archives,
    Riverbank, Main St. Newbridge. Co. Kildare.
    They have some bmd's for newbridge and might help.
    Try also the sites, www.failteromhat and the leitrim-roscommon site.
    Have you looked on the Griffifths valuation. M

seasickken

Thanks Marie,
    Have emailed Kildare local studies but no reply as yet, also I have googled Crotanstown house and there was one snippet in the irish times on a past owner of the house, I have emailed the reporter to see if he can supply any info on past owners/residents, again no reply as yet.
    Ken

searching

Default Corcoran,

I wish you every success in researching the Corcoran line, we are trying to trace family of Mary Ellen Corcoran 1872/4 Runcorn Cheshire, father Michael(1832 Ireland) but have hit a brick wall. If anything relating to your research comes up I will let you know

seasickken

Default CORCORAN

Thanks for the message, my Corcorans are in Newbridge, Kildare, is yours from there?
    I was born and bred in West Bank, Widnes just over the river from Runcorn!

All the best

Ken

Marie C..

Crotansown House and just over seven acres was sold for over 2 million euros a few years back.
    The Crotanstown Grange land(or some of it) has been developed for housing.
    Marie

brennan

Default corcoran,crotanstown & James Brennan

I have had an interest in the family of James Brennan (1845 - 1906) who was my grandfather & lived in Newbridge. He was executor to the will of your David Corcoran also I found an entry at the Registry of Deeds, Dublin of a conveyance entitled 'cottage on the edge of the Currragh Bridget Mary Corcoran left to her under the will of her father Thomas Corcoran. ' The parties to the conveyance were James Brennan snr. to James Brennan jnr. dated 1907. I wonder if this is of interest to you and if you know of the Brennan connection to your family. I have not found any relationship. I hope I may hear from you.

bward21 AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 16-04-2012 at 5:17 PM. Reason: disguised email address to prevent spam

Did your David Corcoran marry a "Bridget Corcoran, died 4 June 1892, at her residence, Crotanstown House, Newbridge"? (Freeman's Journal, Mon 6 June 1892)

Seasickken,
    Apologies - didn't make it clear. In the death notice Bridget is described as the "beloved wife of David Corcoran".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast