Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Genieq

Post Bristol Baptisms (late 1700s)

Does anyone know of a good online source for Bristol Baptisms late 1700s?

sueannbowen

Who are you looking for?

Try Bristol and Avon Family History Society - they have CDs of baptisms from 1754

sueannbowen

They do indeed - a forename or 2 would be good!

Blue Daisy

Red face Hope Someone Can Help

I also have a 1700 look-up for Bristol. It would be great if anyone can help. The name is Henry Stretton. According to the census records he was born in 1790 in Bristol. I don't have any details on his parents so I am happy to learn of any Stretton listings for this year. A big thank you in advance for any assistance in tracking Henry down.

sueannbowen

Hi Daisy no sign of a Henry Stretton but there is a Henry Stratton bap 1789 so of William and Sarah. They also might have had a Mary in 1799. Sue

Blue Daisy

Default Positive Lead

Thank you Sue. Stretton is often spelt with an a so it might very well be Henry. I will investigate the family further to see if their details link in with the information I have on Henry.

A big thank you from me to you.

Daisy

Genieq

Talking Mystery Solved

Happy to report I found what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestions and offers of assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Daisy View Post
    I also have a 1700 look-up for Bristol. It would be great if anyone can help. The name is Henry Stretton. According to the census records he was born in 1790 in Bristol. I don't have any details on his parents so I am happy to learn of any Stretton listings for this year. A big thank you in advance for any assistance in tracking Henry down.
    Hello, your post goes back a lot of years, are you still looking for Henry Stretton? He is an ancestor of mine, and his parents were William Stretton and Sarah (possibly Crook). However I changed to FMP and can't find his baptism record on there. Did you find it?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello bassett14,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately Blue Daisy is no longer a member of the forum as denoted by the 'guest' under the username.

The image of the parish register entry for Henry's baptism is on Ancestry, so therefore unlikely to be on FMP as well. If you forgot to download a copy, your local library might offer free access to Ancestry.
    To confirm the entry details, it says baptised 25 December 1789, St James', Bristol, Henry, son of William and Sarah Stratton.

You probably already have these but other baptisms I found (on Ancestry) all at St James' Bristol:
    Edward Stretton 1788. I presume he's the one buried 2 February 1789. (image 293 of 410 in the same register as his baptism.)
    Edward Stretton 1792. I have allegedly checked for burials 1792-1796 inclusive without success.
    Sarah Stretton 1793.
    Eliza Stretton 1795, indexed as Eliz.
    Edward Stretton 1797
    Mary Stretton 1799.
    The Edward 1797 is the only one without an image available on Ancestry.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast