Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The workings of computers are a complete mystery to me, so haven't a clue why it's not coming up from those very basic details that I used for searching. Just Henry Sratton, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, and 1789.
    Did you tick any of the 'exact' boxes, because I get stupid results if I do that. As in 11,185 of them but Henry's baptism is the fourth entry. (Labelled Bristol, England C of E baptisms, etc).

I also resorted to Plan B.
    From top banner on home page, click search, and then from dropdown menu, select card catalogue.
    In title box enter Bristol, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812
    and underneath the search box you might see an optional 'tick box' for 'only records from the UK and Ireland'.
    Click search, and you should then see the link to the dataset.
    Type in ONLY Henry Stratton, birth 1789 - no parents' name, place, etc.

One thing I would recommend for the future is that you make a note of all the amendments you need to make to your tree, and other records that you can only access on Ancestry and when you have quite a few to make then just sign up for a month's subscription to Ancestry.
    Also, watch out for 'free days' access. Sometimes the offer is limited to specific records, e.g. near 11 November it might be purely UK military records, but you never know.
    Brit-Gen has a forum at the top of the home page called 'Special Offers on subscription sites' in which we try to list all the 'free days' as well as discounted subs.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Re Ancestry searches - I recently read that others have been finding them behaving rather oddly. I can't remember the exact details, but I think they said they got better results by putting some things (location, perhaps?) in the Keyword box rather than the one provided.

Bottom line is, if you're not getting results it may well not be your fault. Keep trying other ways of entering your search terms, and hopefully one will work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123