Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default looking for marriage for robert harvey

help wanted im looking for the marriage details for a robert harvey he married a rosanna / rosannah nixon nee curley abt 1940-1943 possibly wolverhampton definitely staffordshire any info or advice would be welcomed

Brick wall demolition expert!

Two issues here Kev

FreeBMD who are searchable have very little coverage for that time, I just checked and I could not see a Robert Harvey marriage to a Nixon in Staffs
    There is one in Kidderminster but not a Nixon

To find this will require ploughing through GRO records so the more accurate you can be the better.

The other issue is a simple question. To your knowledge are either of these people still alive. If so then this would have to be dealt with by private messages as the site AUP precludes discussions regarding living people

Lincoln Lad

Have checked 40-43 and cannot see a marriage of Robert Harvey to any Nixon, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    Two issues here Kev

FreeBMD who are searchable have very little coverage for that time, I just checked and I could not see a Robert Harvey marriage to a Nixon in Staffs
    There is one in Kidderminster but not a Nixon

To find this will require ploughing through GRO records so the more accurate you can be the better.

The other issue is a simple question. To your knowledge are either of these people still alive. If so then this would have to be dealt with by private messages as the site AUP precludes discussions regarding living people
    hi, thanks for trying too help no none of these people are still alive , the only other bit of info i have is that robert harvey lived in sedgley for a while not sure if he lived there with his parents

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lad View Post
    Have checked 40-43 and cannot see a marriage of Robert Harvey to any Nixon, sorry
    hi could she have married robert with her maiden name:curley

Hi

And not to a Curley 1940-1943 either.

Cheers

Hi again

After much searching - I found the marriage!!!

From GRO records on FindmyPast:
    Robert Harvey (Nixon or Curley), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471
    Rosannah Nixon (Harvey), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471 and again under:
    Rosannah Curley (Harvey), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471.

I basically went back to the first marriage to CM Nixon in 1932 and worked towards your dates. I'd already looked beyond 1943 up to 1950.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SueP View Post
    Hi again

After much searching - I found the marriage!!!

From GRO records on FindmyPast:
    Robert Harvey (Nixon or Curley), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471
    Rosannah Nixon (Harvey), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471 and again under:
    Rosannah Curley (Harvey), Jun qtr 1938, Bilston, 6b, 1471.

I basically went back to the first marriage to CM Nixon in 1932 and worked towards your dates. I'd already looked beyond 1943 up to 1950.

Regards
    hi, sue thank you very much have been looking for this marriage for ages thank you for youre help my missus is very happy shes jumping up and down cheers youve made her day..best wishes...kev

Hi

That's no problem. I like helping others (if I can) when I can't do my own. And isn't it just typical that I thought I would extend the time period search and went the wrong way first (1943-50)!!

Has you wife calmed down now? certificate ordered? I get such a thrill when I finally find what I was looking for too, so I know how she feels!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SueP View Post
    Hi

That's no problem. I like helping others (if I can) when I can't do my own. And isn't it just typical that I thought I would extend the time period search and went the wrong way first (1943-50)!!

Has you wife calmed down now? certificate ordered? I get such a thrill when I finally find what I was looking for too, so I know how she feels!

Regards
    hi, sue yep shes calmed a bit now , ive sent for the cert and am now waiting patiently thank you again sue youve been very helpful we both really appreciate youre time n effort best wishes kev n jule

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast