Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post

I have only just discovered that they had a daughter called Harriet and she was born in Queens Square, Dublin.
    My Great Great Grandfather, a landscape Artist , lived at number 13. His wife was a theatre actress but she died in 1870 just 30 years old.

This is the Baptism record for Harriette

https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy...%3D%26event%3D

https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy...e=d-30-2-3-058
    Last edited by paddyfields; 12-04-2018 at 4:08 PM. Reason: add info

OH oh, it says Private baptism at 17 Queen Square!!! That usually means that the child is unwell or not strong enough to be taken to the church...... I am assuming that St Mark's is a Roman Catholic Church............

OK so now I am thinking that perhaps John Charles (the father) arranged this because, of course, Bessie was Jewish so there would have been.............. difficulties from a priest about conversion etc unless she stayed in bed and the priest never saw her.

OH I love my family!

Thank you again paddyfields. wait until I tell the family.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    I am assuming that St Mark's is a Roman Catholic Church...........
    St Marks was , in 1880, a Church of Ireland (Anglican) parish church. Today it is a Pentecostal church belonging to Christian Churches Ireland, the Irish branch of the Assemblies of God denomination.

Thank you for that. This family continues to throw up strangeness. Just when I think I have things straight along comes a neat little fact to stir up the sediment in my pond.
    I go back to my original thought that the child was not expected to survive and that's why she was baptised at the residence and not the church.
    I will need to find her death................... I know she was alive in 1911 because someone found her on the census for me. I have a picture she sent to her sister in America and the clothing looks to be 1940s. OOOh I could put it on here and let the experts we have in our membership take a look.
    Isn't it amazing how one simple post can generate so many questions? I just love this obsession of ours
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Ladkyis. I have been looking up family for a while I had a great aunt who was born at 26 Queens Square 1880 (when I first looked) my Grandfather was born in upper or lower Urne st 1878 so he would have lived there as well. Last time I looked it said 26 Dunnes Square which I cannot find. Things I have found previously I no longer seem to find. Regards John Keogh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123