Margarets60

Default The Young's of Foolow

I am looking for the marriage or the death of Ann Young, daughter to William and Martha. She was born on 8/10/1807 and was baptized on 6/11/1807 in Eyam but I am unable to find any information about her subsequently. I have been given information about a marriage of an Ann Young to an Edmund Buckely in Derby 5/6/1830 but I have traced Ann Buckley forward and there is no mention of Eyam or Foolow as her birth place in any of the census information and confusingly there are several other Ann Young’s who were married in Derbyshire in the right time frame. One married a Richard Wilson in Ashover 2/4/1827 one married John Vallans 27/8/1827 in Aston on Trent, one married Samuel Holehouse 6/9/1828 in Matlock and one possibly married a John Young (cousin marriages do seem to happen a lot in my family) in 1832. None of these have any link to Eyam/ Foolow that I have discovered.

It would be very helpful to know if the Foolow/ Eyam parish registers have a marriage of an Ann Young particularly if there is any mention of her parents, William and Martha or if the death of an Ann Young was registered prior to 1841.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Margaret

omskirk

There are two trees on Ancestry with Ann Young (Eyam) in them.
    Last edited by Jan1954; 30-03-2009 at 4:50 PM. Reason: Link to Ancestry removed.

Hi Margaret
    Sorry, but you can forget about the Ann Young who married Richard Wilson - he is one of mine. She was born in Northedge (a district of Ashover) on 5 July 1805.
    Have you looked at https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Eyam/index.html there is some information about the PR on there.
    Good luck

Margarets60

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by omskirk View Post
    There are two trees on Ancestry with Ann Young (Eyam) in them.
    Thanks Jan,
    One is mine and the other was copied from mine so I'm still stuck
    Never mind! I was just trying to fill in a gap x

Margarets60

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Hi Margaret
    Sorry, but you can forget about the Ann Young who married Richard Wilson - he is one of mine. She was born in Northedge (a district of Ashover) on 5 July 1805.
    Have you looked at https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Eyam/index.html there is some information about the PR on there.
    Good luck
    Thanks for that Neil. It does help to be able to eliminate people. I had looked at the link you gave some time ago but there does appear to be new information there so I will have a little delve I am still looking for the parents of William Young born abt 1748. He lived and died if Foolow/Eyam but there is no trace of a baptism anywhere Ah well.. I will never be bored...

Knowledgeable and helpful

I have looked in the parish registers and there is no Ann Young either dying or marrying in Eyam. Martha and William were around in 1832 when the last child was christened. hey may have come from Foolow- many of the Youngs were from there.
    Jen

Margarets60

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen View Post
    I have looked in the parish registers and there is no Ann Young either dying or marrying in Eyam. Martha and William were around in 1832 when the last child was christened. hey may have come from Foolow- many of the Youngs were from there.
    Jen
    Thanks for looking Jen. I appreciate any help I can get. Martha and William were indeed from Foolow. William died in 1869 and Martha in 1857. They are buried in the churchyard at Eyam as are William's parents (William and Sarah) I believed, maybe mistakenly that Foolow records were held at Eyam. I have birth and death dates for all William and Martha's children apart from Ann, born 1807, Sarah born 1822 and Martha born 1832. I thought I would try to fill in the gaps a little at a time. Thanks again for your help.

roseblackadder

Default I know the post was from 2009

but if Margaret60 is still researching the Young's of Foolow I would love to make contact. I'm very new to family history but I think we are something like 4th cousins. William and Sarah, and William and Martha are also my relatives. After that my family line passes through Henry, George, Norman and Norman Eric.

I am hoping to visit Eyam / Foolow in September; I would be interested to see if I could learn more about housing / community / family life - and what the life of a farmer / lead miner might entail.

Thanks in advance for any contact Rose

Margarets60

Rose and I are now in contact and meeting up in Foolow and Eyam on Wednesday. Any other decendants of William Young(1748) of Foolow would be very welcome to join us. 10:30ish at the pub in Foolow for a stroll into Eyam.