Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sindylin

Many thanks Stickymore!

Interesting site that......plenty to keep me amused!

sindylin

sindylin

Ben,

Would you know if there is a younger Elizabeth Agate in your line? she was born in C1790's

thanks
    Lin

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Sindylin

I have not come across one yet. Thomas Agate married Mary Woods in 1756 in Twineham but I have not yet been able to find any children to the couple who would have had their children in around the 1790s.

Ben

sindylin

Thanks Ben,

It's about the right time period for "my" Elizabeth Agate's birth too.

sindylin

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi sindylin

When did Elizabeth Agate marry and to whom?

Ben

sindylin

Hi Ben

Elizabeth married Simeon Shaw on 8th Feb 1821 in Warnham. She was born on 26 October 1797 in Cuckfield. Not sure when she died, but it was sometime between 1823 and 1825 (1823 is the DOB of her last child) and in 1825 Simeon married 2nd wife Ann Page and he is detailed as a widower.

any use?
    sindylin

Frances144

Hi, I am new to all this.

We are snowed in so I thought I would trace my family tree!

Anywho, I am an Agate.

I would like information on William "Pat" Brooke Agate (1887 - 1969) and his side of the family. He is my grandfather.

I know his father was William Agate and his mother was called Grace (and so was his wife). They lived in Horsham, West Sussex, England.

That is all I have so any information would be wonderful.

Frances144

Oh yes, he was born in 1847 I think!

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G fourms Frances144.

I hope that one of those who have an interest in the name will get back to you - but in the meantime, although not connected, I'll try to mpoint you in the right direction.

For a start, do you have a marriage and/or birth certificate for your grandfather, William Brooke AGATE?

The marriage certifiacte will be useful in that it should hopefully record his dad's name and occuaption. The birth certificate will provide you with his dad's name and occupation and also his mum's maiden name.

The General Register Office (GRO) index has an entry which seems to match his birth:

Dec 1887
    AGATE, William Brooke
    Horsham
    Vol.2b page 308

I note that there is a marriage in the GRO index in March 1883 at Fulham for William AGATE, vol 1a page 436. A correspondiong entry with the same reference exists for Grace BROOKE - perhaps his parents marriage and the reason for the middle name of William the son?

If you are not sure how to access and search the GRO index, please ask.

Copies of certificates can be ordered online via the GRO

Have you been able to find your family in any census returns? Again, if not sure how access them, please ask.] If you have access to the census, your family can be found in 1891 at RG12/827 f106 p37.

Your gt-grandfather can be found with his family in 1871 at RG10/1099 f87 p15 in Warnham; again in Warnham in 1851 at HO107/1684 f441 p21, also in Warnham.; and your gt-gt-grandfather John is with adults who are probably his parents (Stephen and Sarah) in the 1841 census in Warnham - see HO107/1097/7 f12 p16 (references are to censuses in the care of The National Archives)

Frances144

Thanks for that. I don't actually have the upgraded membership to see all that information so to anyone who can do the looking for me, it would be hugely appreciated.

I need names for William's father and mother plus Grace's father and mother.

I know that Grace Brooke's (1857 - 1941) father was John Brooke.

William Agate (1847-?)

They had three children - Nora, John and William.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast