Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Plate-Layers

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    In case anyone's interested I have a copy of The Graphic dated September 4th, 1880 which has a long paragraph about Plate-Layer's duties and wages.
    I would like a copy please because my grandfather was a platelayer in Cornwall.
    Thanks.

BexyBraz

Default PlateLayers

Hi

I was actually looking for information on Herbert and Thomas Brazier

seakay

Platelayers/Surfacerepairmen
    It seems as though they certainly kept these jobs in the family. I'm interested to know what the difference between PL and SRM was (if any). Can I bother you for a copy of the info? Charlie-kennedy AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
    Much obliged.
    seakay
    Last edited by Jan1954; 01-08-2010 at 7:41 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to try to foil the spammers....

seakay

Hullo Browneyes
    I am interested in a copy of the Graphic relating to Platelayers.
    Obviously it has been said previously but this occupation runs in families. Father to son is not uncommon. I am interested in the difference between the duties etc of Surface Repair Man and the Platelayer. My chaps were on the LMS Carlisle-Glasgow. They "lived" in the Summit Cottages at Beattock Summit. Only 3 or 4 Cottages and landscape like the Russian Steppes!
    E-mail: Charlie-kennedy AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk
    Very much appreciated.
    Seakay
    Last edited by Jan1954; 11-08-2010 at 5:19 AM. Reason: Email address disguised to foil the spammers

lee greagsbey

Hello Browneyes
    I am interested in a copy of the Graphic relating to Platelayers, Also I am interested in the difference between the duties etc of Surface Repair Man and the Platelayer.
    I have found a few railway men in my tree, so this info will be must helpful.
    E-mail: leegreagsbey AT hotmail DOT com
    Very much appreciated.
    Lee Greagsbey

seakay

Hulllo Browneyes
    Any chance of a copy of the article re platelayers. Thanks a lot [email protected]
    Seakay

Knowledgeable and helpful

Rather late in the day, but I've sent a link to the information by private messages to you (Genie12, Seakay & Lee).

Browneyes
    Browneyes

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by genie12 View Post
    I would like a copy please because my grandfather was a platelayer in Cornwall.
    Thanks.
    Thanks for that.

ilwilson

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    In case anyone's interested I have a copy of The Graphic dated September 4th, 1880 which has a long paragraph about Plate-Layer's duties and wages.
    Hi Browneyes. I've got GNR plate layers named WESELBY in my family. Could I please have a copy of that? Cheers!

Audrie Reed

Yes please I would like a copy, my gt grandfather was a plate layer in Brentwood, and this sounds an interesting read. Thanks

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast