Gordon S

Default John King of Orkney

I seem to have these rushes of blood to the head every now and then after a period of no research for months! Must be that the winter is approaching and getting to be more inside the house.
    Looking again at my Orkney roots and I'm trying to locate the marriage and death of John King b. 31 Oct 1900 in Stromness, Orkney (Parents John King and Rebecca Ann Stevenson). To date my looking from afar has drawn blanks. Also where his sister Margaret Tait (Nee King obviously) died. Presumedly in Orkney but I'm not sure. She married a James Gifford Tait (no DoM or location either).
    Thanks
    Gordon

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Have you searched the Scotland's People website?
    https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
    You have to pay to get records, but it is seems the only way for modern records if you do not live there.
    ChristineR

Gordon S

Default Thanks

I'm on to it! I just had a little thought that someone may know of my 'King' line. 'Scotlandspeople' is a great site for us, but it's very expensive to do a lot of research. The $NZ is currently worth about 32 UK Pence! So 6 UKP is about $NZ18.75. (About three times more expensive for us here than you in UK. However we have to pay for the sunshine, beaches, mountains and lakes and sauvignon blanc! NZ's a great place for a holiday at the moment from overseas! Thanks for your comment.
    Gordon