Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jane alford

Famous for offering help & advice

I have had a go at this one and got a headache!
    Tried Alford, Halford, Allford, Alsford etc. Followed a Jane Louisa Mills who was born about the right time, but she is also on the 1901 census.
    William's age is given as 68 on the 1901 cenus, but his age at death is 60 in 1904.
    Did Annie go on to marry? If so was it Albert Ashton? in 1926. There is an Annie and Albert Ashton buried with a John Alford (1930 age 7) in Philips Park!! No sign of a burial for Jane Alford, though. A real stinker!!

patalford

Default jane alford

Mona a further thought is that Annie Alfords birth certificate is very elusive.
    PAT

Starting to feel at home

Update
    In 1921 Census the Alford Family is living at 20 Hassop St Beswick Manchester.
    My G/Grandmother Jane Louise is living with her Daughter Annie Alford and her two sons Fred and Phil.
    What is peculiar is they are co-habiting the property with the Godfrey Family.
    Are there any members of the Godfrey Family that this rings a bell with?

Hi Pat
    I have spent ages going through this thread to sort out the censuses etc from 1901 onwards to get a feel for the Alford family.
    As you may have noticed those who were helping with your original post are now designated as Guest under their user names which means they are no longer members of Brit-Gen so will not receive notification of your post.
    I do not have access to the full 1921 census but using the index and address search I think the Godfrey family you are referring to is Charles T Godfrey born 1875 Warwick Warwickshire, his wife Ita born 1889 born Preston. They married in the Chorlton registration district June 1/4 1919.
    Rupert Godfrey born 1920 is their son registered as Rupert Leslie Godfrey June 1/4 1920 mmn Seymour.
    Eileen Godfrey born 1913 Beswick. I can't find a birth reg for her at the moment.
    There are two other sons births registered 1922 and 1926.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

It seems that Eileen Godfrey may have married a spouse with the surname Anquetil as I found this.
    Eileen Agnes Anquetil [Godfrey Anquetil]
    Age 85
    Birth Date - About 1913
    Death Date - about 1998
    Death Place - Vale GSY CHI
    Publication Date - 3 Dec 1998
    Publication Place - USA

Not that this is helping find the Alfords before 1901.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Just to finish off Charles Thomas Godfrey. He died in 1936 and is buried in Dukinfield cemetery.
    In the censuses previous to 1921 he seems to be living in Ashton Under Lyne right back to 1881where he is with his parents and born 1872. He served in WW1 and appears to have been a bachelor up until his marriage to Ita Seymour.
    In 1911 he does have a Mary Summersgill as housekeeper with a swag of children all (including the 2 month old son) who have the mmn of Battersby on their birth registrations. Her husband Jonathon is living elsewhere in Ashton Under Lyne with two older children.
    I cannot see any connection between the Alfords and the Godfreys. It is probable that they were sharing a house. Do you have full access to the 1921 census?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Christina Hope you can acess this.LE is Louise

Does the 1921 transcript give Annie's full birthday?
    Alma

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast