GenealogyPitney

Default Microfiche Scanning

I've been trying to find a way to get my family history fiche onto CD for ages. The film scanners available from computer shops don't do the job, and the professional scanners I could find cost thousands of pounds.

After much searching I managed to find a company in the UK that did the job for me with great results, and didn't break the bank. I'm sure this is something that many others would like to do, so I'm happy to provide contact details if anyone wants them.

For the record, I am in no way affiliated with the company, I just think there's a lot of people that will find this helpful.

GenealogyPitney

Hi Bo,

I shall do that...

Do you want me to post the details, or should people PM me?

GenealogyPitney

Bo - I shall post that information on the Introduce Yourself board, I meant do you want me to post the scanning details here?

Neil - Read it again, it's a pun

Alick Lavers

I have also recently discovered a very helpful and reasonably priced UK company, who has scanned my 26 microfiches of parish registers to a CD for me. Each microfiche contains 60 images.

I now have them all on a single CD and life is much easier!

Please feel free to contact me for details of the company concerned, who I highly recommend.

Best wishes

Alick

sueannbowen

Good name Gene - made me smile a lot!