Thread: HELP

alanlee2406

Default HELP

Hi Im Alan I have been into my family tree for over a year now and have just found out that I have been looking at the wrong branch when I checked back I found the person who i was reserching was still living at home with her family so i have to scrap that branch and start again it a shame because i was doing so well the only thing is i can't find another Margaret Hudson to fit the dates i have there is no record of her or her husband Allan Lee getting Married any were, if i could find there marrage date and get a certificate i could find her fathers name don't know what to do now i need HELP.

Jan1954

Hello Alan and welcome to Brit-Gen

Help is certainly what you will receive on Brit-Gen. We have the friendliest forum members anywhere and they will quite happily don their hard-hats to try to demolish your brickwalls. So, have a good look round and post all that you know about your Hudson/Lee conundrum on the appropriate board and we will see how we can help.

Enjoy yourself!

MarkJ

Welcome to the forum Alan

As Jan says, the best thing is to find the forum section which deals with the appropriate county where your Hudson and Lee families lived (if known, otherwise pick something more general such as brickwalls). Then give what details you can - ages, birth details etc - as well as any census findings. If you can, mention what you have already done to track these people down - e.g checked BMDs from 1880 to 1890 for example or censuses between 1861 and 1891 in Nottingham or whatever.

Finding the actual wedding shouldn't be too hard - assuming of course they were actually married and it wasn't just that they lived as husband and wife but never actually married officially (yes, it is quite common!).

Good luck - and I am sure the B-G members will be keen to see if they can help in your quest

Mark