Jandi

Default JAMES HADDOW PARENTS & SIBLINGS PLSE.

Looking for a friend for the parents of James HADDOW who married Janet WALKER in Dec 1838 chr: Dec 1819 Lesmahagow Lanrnarkshire.

James and Janet had a son Thomas HADDOW born Crossford, Larnarkshire.

Janet's parents were: Robert WALKER who married in Dec 1808 Lesmahagow Jane SEMPLE
    He would also like to find about Robert Walkers parents.

Thankyou,
    Jandi

mary7755

Jandi - I have an Elizabeth Haddow in my family b. 1808. Parents were William Haddow and Barbara Hain , in all they had 7 children and a James born 1802, I don't have who James married though, I hope this helps (their information is in the IGI of LDS)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Just now came across your 2009 post while doing a periodic search on my great-grandfather Thomas Haddow (the periodic keeps getting longer, but it amazes me that none of my searches in the past 5 years has flagged your post). Sorry that I cannot help with your query, as I have been unable to trace any more than you have included. If you are still working at this, or if your friend is interested, I can provide what information I have collected on the Haddow descendants, especially here in Canada.
    Gord

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

To catch up from last post. Thomas' oldest sister Margaret married a Bell, remained in Scotland. Sister Janet married a Jack, remained in Scotland. Oldest brother James emigrated to Canada, married Catherine Thomson, had 3 daughters and a son, died 1890 of pneumonia. Youngest brother Alexander died at 1 year old. Father James drowned 1858 - his parents were James m. Janet Lightbody. Youngest sister Grace never married. Mother Janet died 1903.