rsmacleod

Smile Mathesons of Lochalsh

My Husband John MacLeod (formerly of Inverness) is directly descended on his maternal line from DUGALD MATHESON, Born 7 Feb. 1826 Snizort, living Achmore, Lochalsh - he was a Railway Surfaceman; died 27 Dec., 1899 in Inverness. He married Mary FINLAYSON on 3 Feb., 1848 (Mary b. l Jan. 1829 Achmore, Lochalsh, died 5 Nov., 1900 Inverness). They had six children:
    1. Martha b.1857/61 Resolis who married Malcolm McDonald (my husband's grandparents)(b.5 Nov.1856, Cullicudden, Resolis) + Donick (Dinah,'Ina'), Mary, Duncan, Annie and William.
    Dugald 's parents were: ALEXANDER MATHESON (b.c.1789/91 Resolis) and Hyme (Hyma) - maiden name unknown, born 1791/1801 Kyle, Lochalsh.
    I have father of Alexander Matheson as:
    MURDOCH MATHESON, b.c.14 Dec. 1777, Lochalsh, died by 1857 (son Alexander's death certificate). no further details.
    Think Murdoch's father was RODERICK MATHESON, no further details.
    I haven't been able to find more on Hyme Matheson - apart from 1841 Census in Kyle, when she was living (50 yrs.) with son Dugald (15 yrs.). She does not appear on 1851 Census so perhaps she had died before 1851.
    1851 Census: Alexander Matheson (62 yrs.) living with son Dougal (23) and d-in-law Mary (23). Anyone help with this line, please? Ruth, in Australia

kenbhoy

Hi Ruth
    I have a Mary Matheson that was married to John Matheson in Plockton 1856, her parents were Alexander Matheson and Hyme Macrae . Mary died in1899 maybe she was related to Dugald
    Kenbhoy