Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    v.wells

Question Scanning 2 page document into 1

I know how to scan to pc with 1 page docs. Saves as .jpg and then I can attach to email, but how do I do a 2 page document and incorporate it into a single file for attachment. It seems silly to have to send both pages separately.

I have acrobat,vista, Ms Works, Open office. I have found that when I send an Open Office doc. not everyone can open them - must depend on the version they have.

Yes, I am stupid with this kind of thing.

busyglen

I'd like to know this also V.

I haven't had to send two pages before, but I would have thought it would be ok in pdf format. I will have to have a look at my scanner and see if it gives me the option for two pages. I know that it ask me if I want to scan anything else after the first scan, but if I say yes, it would give it a separate file number. Mmmm?

Obviously the brainy ones will be along soon to tell us.

Glenys

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by busyglen View Post
    I'd like to know this also V.

I haven't had to send two pages before, but I would have thought it would be ok in pdf format. I will have to have a look at my scanner and see if it gives me the option for two pages. I know that it ask me if I want to scan anything else after the first scan, but if I say yes, it would give it a separate file number. Mmmm?

Obviously the brainy ones will be along soon to tell us.

Glenys
    Yes Glenys, mine also asks if I want to scan anything else and then gives it a separate file. It is annoying when I want them together.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Usually when you scan the document you'll have an option to scan another before saving. Then both can be saved in the same place.

Alternatively you could copy and paste them both into one word document - you might find when you click paste they are huge pictures...just right click, go into format picture and change the size (leave 'lock aspect ratio' ticked otherwise you'll be there for ages!)

If still stuck let us know what scanner you have and I'll find the instructions..

Browneyes
    PS there are ways to change the jpg thingy

v.wells

Thanks Browneyes! I'll have a go at it. I have a new scanner Canon so will be the first time using it - should be fun!

busyglen

Actually, I have just remembered that I scanned a two page document last year to send to someone....I think my scanner asks before I scan it (as well as if I want to scan another one afterwards, when it would show as a separate file). I must try it out when I have a moment. My scanner is a HP PSC1510 All in one, and I do have a manual!

Hope you get it sorted V.

Glenys

Mutley

I've just tried it with my little Brother
    Does not want to know.

However, I can reduce the image from A4 to A5 and copy. Then put the two A5 pages on the scanner and scan them as one A4 page.

busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Thanks Browneyes! I'll have a go at it. I have a new scanner Canon so will be the first time using it - should be fun!
    Good Luck!!

Glenys

busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I've just tried it with my little Brother
    Does not want to know.

However, I can reduce the image from A4 to A5 and copy. Then put the two pages on the scanner and scan them as one A4 page.
    Ah...now that's clever! I always knew you were the one with the brains!

Sorry Browneyes, I don't mean that you haven't !

Glenys

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by busyglen View Post
    Ah...now that's clever! I always knew you were the one with the brains!

Sorry Browneyes, I don't mean that you haven't !

Glenys
    Thank you Glenys, I keep 'em in my pocket just in case I need them now and again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast