Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I've just tried it with my little Brother
    Does not want to know.
    Yeah well siblings can be a bit stubborn...

You can copy them to the clipboard too for pasting to one file ...but sometimes the clipboard is pretty elusive...

Browneyes x

v.wells

Used something called MP Navigator and it took seconds to scan a double sided 2 page letter. It produced a .pdf file and is all together and has the option to email which I did.

Thanks everyone for your input. Technology is marvelous when it does your thinking for you

Glenys my other scanner is an HP all in one too, but slooow compared to this one.
    Last edited by v.wells; 27-02-2009 at 7:03 PM. Reason: added

Mutley

If anyone can do it Cannon can.....
    Just going to go and beat up my little Brother

Knowledgeable and helpful

Glad you've sorted it.

Aren't scanners great.

v.wells

Don't hurt him too hard! You might need him!

A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

Default Scanning and open office.doc

Reading your problem with open office.doc. I use the full open office suite I have found that the programme will open most files into an open.doc format, everything you save willbe saved as ..........doc to get over the problem of sending a file I found that I had to save the file as a 'save as' you then type your file name and were you see the bar showing the open.doc format you should be able to click on this it will give you then a list of file formats click on the one you want, you should then be able to send your document. ( I trust I have explained this correctly). Unless the receiver of your file operates a open dock programme they will never be able to the sent file.

Regarding the scanning you should be able to save your scans to a pdf format, the Lexmark I use allows you to scan any number of documents as a pdf file, when finished it shows all the scans as one file.
    I found quite a few freeeware sites offering different pdf programmes, which cover file formatting and a clever one that will merge or split pdf files.

Hope I have been of some help.

regards
    Geoff W

Default Scanning two page docs

Most scanners that will scan docs come with an OCR programme. So if you are talking about typed or printed docs then there is no problem with scanning into a single document which is usually the normal way that the programme will deal with multi page. However handwritten pages would be a different story.

cheers..Ed

jmduke

As others have mentioned, your scanner software should allow you to combine two or more scans into a single document. If not, you can combine the scans in Adobe Acrobat. Simply open one of the scans you want in your combined file in Acrobat, click Document on toolbar, click Insert Pages on the drop down menu, the Select File to Insert box will appear, find the file containing the scan you wish to add, after clicking, you will be asked whether you want it before or after the current page, and your done.

JMD

A fountain of knowledge

Many photo editors, e.g. IrfanView (free), have the capability to generate "panorama" images by appending two images side-by-side or one above the other. IrfanView can also create multipage image files in a number of formats (not JPEG, but TIF should be OK), but beware that not all image viewers will advance beyond the first page. Or you could just use WinZIP or similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12