Kaff

Default BUCKLAND/NICHOLLS

Hi

I am looking for any information on the families of Jack Buckland (1897-1974) and Olive Nicholls (1899-1984) who eventually settled in Tottenham, London

The only thing I know about Jack is that his father was Harry Buckland and his mother was Louisa (no surname). Harry, I believe, was a horse trader.

Olive's father was Milford (or Melford) Sampson Nicholls who was born around 1859 in Long Melford Suffolk. Her mother was Sarah Ann (no surname).

Jack and Olive were my husbands grandparents.

My mother in law remembers being told that Milford's birth was recorded on a piece of paper by the farmer on whose land the family were working.

I hope I am not being thick or offensive but did Romany couples marry in church?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kaff

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Olive's father was Milford (or Melford) Sampson Nicholls who was born around 1859 in Long Melford Suffolk.
    My mother in law remembers being told that Milford's birth was recorded on a piece of paper by the farmer on whose land the family were working.
    Well it looks like it was also registered properly, so you can order his birth certificate.
    listed on FreeBMD; Sep 1858, NICHOLS, Melford Samson, Sudbury, 4a page 361

What a great name!

Kaff

Thanks Mona

My mother in law will be staggered!!

Kaff

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

hi melford samson nicholls was my direct line i have info thanks