Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Default A & G TAYLOR, PHOTOGRAPHERS TO THE QUEEN

I was doing some searching this morning and learning about A & G Taylor, as I have a photo that was taken by them. I thought it was my gr.grandfather as a young boy, but the dates of the photography studio indicate it is likely his son, my great uncle. I just wanted to let everyone know there are several websites about the photographers and alot of photos of families or single portraits displayed on these sites and they are asking for identification of these folks. ( On other sites, the people in the pictures ARE identified) As some are sites that want your money ( I guess if you order a photo) I didn't think I could post them, but just do a search on A & G Taylor, photographers to the queen and you will be amazed .... maybe you will find a photo of someone you are searching for.

Sue

Default any mods out there?

Would some NICE, SWEET mod please put an A in Taylor in the title of the above posting? I never noticed until it was past the edit limit

Thankyou

Sue

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    Would some NICE, SWEET mod please put an A in Taylor in the title of the above posting? I never noticed until it was past the edit limit

Thankyou

Sue
    Will a Daft Bat do instead?

To a NICE and SWEET daft bat.... thankyou...

My fingers were faster than my brain....

Sue

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Spooky...

Immediately before I came to this thread I was looking at a website about photographers, because I have in my possession a few very old photographs and one of them is by A & G Taylor…

The design on the back of the photo dates it as between 1882 and 1902, according to the website I was looking at. I know it’s not a member of my family, but I wonder if it’s possible to find out who the person in the photo is? It would be nice to be able to return it to a descendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    Immediately before I came to this thread I was looking at a website about photographers, because I have in my possession a few very old photographs and one of them is by A & G Taylor…

The design on the back of the photo dates it as between 1882 and 1902, according to the website I was looking at. I know it’s not a member of my family, but I wonder if it’s possible to find out who the person in the photo is? It would be nice to be able to return it to a descendant.
    Why not post it on here for starters? You never know when someone might connect to it.

I have also pm'd you..

Sue

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks, have replied by PM. Off to bed now - don't know what time it is in Canada, but it's 1.42am here

8:42 pm EST ! Hubby is already asleep on the couch

Sue

JLDawe

Hi, Susan-y. I too have an old photo from A & G Taylor. I think I've figured out the dates; it was necessary since it was of the family left behind when the son move to the States. But the son is named in the photo so Ii's taken some doing. I was glad to see this mention of the of the company. I want to find the dates the office was open in Carlisle, Cumberlalnd. Thanks.

JLDawe

You are welcome and also welcome to the forum! Is it snowy as well tonight across Lake Huron? Spring will be coming one of these months Good luck with your photo.

Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast