Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy

tapberg

Default Murphy

Lookinf for info on Ellen Jane Murphy born 1834, Catherine Murphy born 1833 Boherbue,Thomas Murphy born 1830, James Murphy born 1826 and William Murphy born 1824 all Cork, Mother was Ellen (?) born 1801 and father (?) Murphy.
    Thanks.
    Patricia.

Summer

Hi Patricia,
    Your Murphy family members may be very hard to find as Murphy is a very common name in Cork, as I'm sure you know! The dates also pre-date civil registration which is a shame but if you need the web address for others in your family tree here it is: https://pilot.familysearch.org/record...able;c=1408347
    Also, it may be worthwhile googling Irish Family history foundation or Mallow heritage centre as they have records searchable online, but you have to pay to view a record once you've found a probable one. It will definitely be easier if you know the parish the life events could have happened in and then narrow down. You have probably already seen this website: https://www.boherbue.com/kilmeen.htm

Good luck with your search.
    Cheers,
    Summer.

Loves to help with queries

Now that the 1911 Cork census is available free online you may want to have a look and see if any family members still in residence. Census is at
    www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
    If you find you are related to Timothy Murphy's family in Ballyhestie in Carrignavar, Co Cork, do let me know as his 4th daughter Ellen Mary Murphy was my grandmother born 1881? (She was a lot older than my grandfather and so was economical about her age. lol) I am still struggling to locate her birth certificate.

Jill Williams
    QUAID -Cloncagh
    COTTER Brosna Co Kerry and Glanworth Co Cork
    MURPHY Carrignavar Co Cork

Summer

Yay - didn't realise 1911 Cork was live!! Will search for myself now!!

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yay - didn't realise 1911 Cork was live!! Will search for myself now!!
    Just up only went live on Friday.

Jill

dannywh

Default Murphy/Cotter Cork

I have a Daniel MURPHY c1819 married Margaret COTTER c1818 possibly Inchigeelagh - my 2nd paternal GGrandparents. Their children moved on to Abersychan, Wales and Cambridge, Massachusetts, from Ballincollig, Cork.

Any link would be so appreciated!

Regards
    Danny

tapberg

Hi Danny. Sorry but not connected. I do not have your names in my tree. good luck with the endless search!
    Patricia.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Should you stumble upon a Jane Murphy b. C.Cork 1839 ..Father William, please put her my way.
    She left home for Australia alone in 1855ish & married my Gt.G'Dad.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

tapberg

OK will do. Have a great weekend.
    Patricia.

Jacquelinemerce

Hi, I am just starting out with some research for a Murphy family from Ballincollig and I have a feeling that you Daniel could be a brother to someone I am looking at. The family are on the 1901 census and 1911 census, but could there be more than 1 Daniel Murphy!

In the 1901 census the family consists of:

William Murphy, father aged 39
    Maggie Murphy, nee O'Connor, mother aged 36
    Michael Murphy, son, aged 15
    Mary Murphy, dau, aged 9
    Daniel Murphy, son, aged 7
    Katie (Kathleen) dau, aged 4
    Annie dau, aged 0
    Denis O'Connor, father-in-Law aged 64

Additions to the 1911 census are:

Maggie dau aged 9
    William, son aged 7
    Edward, son aged 6

Omissions in 1911 census are Daniel and Michael.

I do know that a Daniel and a Michael are witnesses to their sister, Katie (Kathleen) 22 January 1916 when she marries Joseph Diver.
    In 1916 Kathleen is listed as living at 67 George Street, Ballincollig, and that her father William is a labourer.

Could there be a connection, and how far have you got in your research. I am just starting out! I do know that Kathleen and her husband go to Canada around 1931 and end up in England.

Any advice on where to start looking for family information?

I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Jackie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast