Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Paul M

I have sent e-mail to the Guild of One Name Studies but on both occations the mail has bounced back.

Paul M

Hi tree-top
    I understand and agree with you.
    dose any body have any later info for Josephine ie marriage or death etc.

v.wells

I have a family that switched up the names of 2 daughters to replace the 2 that had died. Makes it confusing.

I found an Agnes Josephine Coggins b 1908 Bury vol 8c p 56/88 2Q fits in with your 3yr old but not birth place.

Paul M

you ar looking for Josephine FRAY, Father Bertie, Mother Agnes.

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
    you ar looking for Josephine FRAY, Father Bertie, Mother Agnes.
    I looked for Josephine Fray and came up with the same results as you. , so I changed the surname as she could have been a Coggins but you say definitely NOT. Sorry

Paul M

Default Florence Coggins Nee Fray

Just a general comment, even if this is not the right place.
    On Sunday I was thinking it had all gone quiet out there.
    On Monday evening after work I had more communication from B-G Forums; even more people are making the effort to answer my questions.
    Even if I do not get a result from this forum, I would like to thank every body who has made an effort or contribution in an attempt to solve my query.
    Yours Paul
    Last edited by ChristineR; 10-02-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: have moved this posting from new thread brickwalls forum.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Hi Paul, you were right, it was not the place to pop your thanks
    This will bring it back up to the top of the page.
    ChristineR

Unhappy The death of FLORENCE TREASA FRAY

I first posted this in 2009 and still no nearer, any body any new info to me please.

The info I have on Florence Treasa (bear with me)
    Born 2/12/1901 Hartlepool, I have the birth certificate
    Brother, Frederick Frances b 11/7/1903 Hartlepool, I have the birth certificate

Florence had a child, Ronnie Fray b 17/9/1921 no father, I have the birth certificate.

In 1923 she had Eric Fray, by this time she was living with Frederick Wilmer Coggins in Rotherham, they did not marry.
    After this time she had 4 more children 1924-1927-1930-1932 including my mother, all raised as Coggin/s in Rotherham.

On 20/6/1936 she married Edwin Coggins in Rotherham (Frederick Wilmer’s younger cousin) I have the certificate.
    Edwin remarried Emily Bagnall 27/3/1954 in Rotherham, he states on the marriage certificate that he is a widower.

Free BMD search=
    Birth Agnes Josephine Fray jun 1907 Reading
    Death Agnes Josephine Fray 2 yrs dec 1909 Reading

1911 Census search=
    Josephine Fray 3 in 1911 census, Reading
    Florence 9
    Frederick 7
    Agnes 32
    Bertie 32
    All living at 127 Sherwood St Reading

I did a Free BMD search and can not find any other Agnes or Josephine born in ANY ditrict around this time.

There is a big problem, Josephine appears to be borne 1907 died 1909 but 3 years old in the 1911 census what am I doing wrong.

Now the stuff that may or may not be fact.

Edwin at some time came to see my mother to find out what had happened to Florence because he wanted to remarry.
    Edwin employed a private detective to find her; he reported back that Florence had perished in the last air raid WW2 on Liverpool (10/1/1942).

Can anyone help with finding her death?
    I have searched for her death in Free BMD, Ancestry, microfiche at the library,
    The National Archives on line and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Paul,

Duplicate threads are not allowed as they cause confusion as well as wasted time on duplicated research, so I have moved your latest post to the original thread. I have amended the old thread title to the new one which had the surname of Coggins added to it.

I notice that you also had a further thread, with only a few entries (haven't checked for the 'added value' of any of the details) which can be found here.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Did you notice the other odd thing about that 1911 census form? There were originally 6 children listed on the form, but someone has taken a red pen to it and crossed out the last 3 Annie Elizabeth aged 5, Bertie William aged 2 and Percie aged 1. Agnes had specified 6 children born alive, but only 3 still living. Are the "crossed out 3" likely to be their deceased children?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast