Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    racing girl

Hello MissT

Alice Louise Smith married Slater Cairns on 6th April 1874 in Wingate, Durham, England, they were both 19. Slater's father is listed as James Cairns, Alice's father is listed as Henry Smith.

I believe, but haven't fully proved (I haven't looked at this line in ages), that Alice is the daughter of Henderson Smith and Mary Avery Stirrup. My direct line goes through Mary's younger sister, Ellen Avery Stirrup.

I've cleaned out my in-box too, so you should be able to send me a pm.

racing girl

A little more info:

Jane Cairns married Fred Frank Clauson in Indiana, Pennsylvania in 1914. The record lists her parents as Slater Cairns and Alice Smith.

Marriage record.

And the birth record on the English General Records Office website shows Slater's mother maiden name is also Slater.

racing girl

James Cairns married Mary Slater in Tynemouth, Northumberland on 22 November 1835.

"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NKWR-2ZQ : 10 February 2018), James Cairns and Mary Slater, 22 Nov 1835; citing Tynemouth, Northumberland, England, reference , index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 1068674 IT 1-6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12