Thread: Omagh 1901

Loves to help with queries

Default Omagh 1901

Can anyone tell me if the 1901 census is readily available for Omagh?
    Looking for the family Sgt Thomas Parkinson (Oxford Light Inf) born 1857 Cambridgeshire, his wife Annie b 1871, and 2 sons William b 1889 and Reginald b 1891. Reginald enlisted into the 2nd Bat Royal Inniskilling Fussiliers in 1905 in Omagh, and I believe William was already enlisted into the same regiment and gave residence as Omagh at that time.
    I suspect father Thomas's army service took him to Ireland late 1890's so interested in if family appear In the 1901 census for Omagh.
    There may have been sisters Edith May b 1888 and Winnie Lillie b unknown.
    Incidentally, William died 1917 (was married to a Julia) and Reginald had died by March 1920, father Thomas was alive at that time.
    Any help in finding this family in Omagh would be much appreciated.
    Colin Parkinson

Loves to help with queries

To update this enquiry I have found Thomas Parkinson, his wife Annie and 5 children on the Irish FHF site, 1901 census. They were living at Gotmore, Drumragh Omagh. Thomas appears as a "Barrack Warden". I am not sure if he was still serving in the Army in 1901, possibly this may have been a civilian job?
    Colin

tictoc56

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the 1901 census is readily available for Omagh?
    Looking for the family Sgt Thomas Parkinson (Oxford Light Inf) born 1857 Cambridgeshire, his wife Annie b 1871, and 2 sons William b 1889 and Reginald b 1891. Reginald enlisted into the 2nd Bat Royal Inniskilling Fussiliers in 1905 in Omagh, and I believe William was already enlisted into the same regiment and gave residence as Omagh at that time.
    I suspect father Thomas's army service took him to Ireland late 1890's so interested in if family appear In the 1901 census for Omagh.
    There may have been sisters Edith May b 1888 and Winnie Lillie b unknown.
    Incidentally, William died 1917 (was married to a Julia) and Reginald had died by March 1920, father Thomas was alive at that time.
    Any help in finding this family in Omagh would be much appreciated.
    Colin Parkinson
    Hi Colin
    only stumbled across this today while looking for the name Parkinson and Omagh.
    My husbands grandmother was supposedly married to a Parkinson who died but although she is a widow on her marriage cert she denies that she was married. So really I was wondering if your Reginald was married?
    this is a long shot I know but its only by trying that you find things out.
    thanks