Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Botheration! There's an Honor Ellen Rollinson born in 1905 West Ham.

Hi,
    Well it's been 11years since my last post and last Saturday I finally tracked down my Aunt in the 1939 Census when she was in a hospital! So my advice is to keep looking and don't give up! Now, in the current time I need to be patient as I have that information and the date she died (1947) but am unable to obtain records/certificate as the records office is closed until further notice. Absolutely thrilled that Honor is no longer a "forgotten" women.x
    Browneyes
    Browneyes

Welcome back, and thanks for updating us. It can often be of help to others...
    And now, on to the next search?

Thank you Lesley.
    Next search - well I'm hoping to find as much contextual information as I can for Honor and contact ERO when appropriate. Hopefully her death certificate might give me some clues and by some miracle I can go on to fill in anything relating to the 27+ years between her posing for the photo and the day she passed. At the beginning of 1947 England suffered the second worst winter on record; deep snow, power cuts, fresh food shortages because livestock and vegetables either froze or perished and this was during the early years of recovery after WWII. I feel she deserves recognition for what appears to have been a very difficult (psychologically, emotionally and physically) adult life.
    Besides this, I'm looking at her family members in more detail. Unfortunately there's no-one in a generation before me to ask now so I'm relying on the internet to reveal its secrets about some of them. I found 3 entries in newspapers by thinking outside the box about the search terms..2 X fines (1914 & 1916) for not having dog licences and a report about one uncle in his 20s having a bicycle accident on 19th May 1934 where his overcoat got tangled up in the front wheel!
    Browneyes

Hello,
    Just wanted to add an update and ask a couple of questions if I may? This week, I received a pdf of Honor's death registration record. It confirmed she died in Warley Hospital, Essex, previously known as the Brentwood Mental Hospital, which is where I found her in the 1939 census, eight years earlier. Having researched online as much information as I can about the Hospital, and after searching the Essex Archives Online, I would like to contact them to see if it's at all possible to obtain any information from them as I can see various records listed that might be relevant.
    Is the best way to do this to send them an email first with a general enquiry or should I include specific details, what my relationship is and my reason for requesting the information?
    Also, she was described as a Library Assistant on the register - Does anyone know if there was a library at the hospital or have any other suggestions please? Thank you.
    Browneyes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12