Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Elusive ancestor - Honor RAWLINGS

I've posted this query here rather than the Essex topic bit in case the ancestor I'm looking for moved out of that county.

I can only find the birth details for an ancestor, Honor Rawlings, who was born in 1909, Billericay, Essex. I believe she may have died young...as a teenager...but I'm not 100% sure. I've looked at the usual places online but got nowhere.

Any clues as to what I could do next?

Browneyes

PS...perhaps I should have posted this in the General England section...sorry,
    Last edited by ChristineR; 22-01-2009 at 3:45 AM. Reason: add name to title - to give more meaning

MythicalMarian

Have you found her on the 1911, Browneyes?

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post

I can only find the birth details for an ancestor, Honor Rawlings, who was born in 1909, Billericay, Essex. I believe she may have died young...as a teenager...but I'm not 100% sure. I've looked at the usual places online but got nowhere.
    I have just trawled the GRO death Index from 1909 to 1928 with no sign of Honor Rawlings, Honor E Rawlings or Enid Rawlings of the right age (assuming that is her second name).

However it is possible that it could be indexed under an alternative spelling of Rawlings.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalMarian View Post
    Have you found her on the 1911, Browneyes?
    Yes I have (thankyou - I should have said that ) .

Michael...you could be right, I have found other ancestors through different spellings. I've tried some, perhaps I'll try others.

I have a photo of her - she's between 12 and 15 years old in it.

A question...were some deaths not registered? If so what might be the reasons they weren't registered?

Browneyes.

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by michaelpipe View Post
    However it is possible that it could be indexed under an alternative spelling of Rawlings.
    Try Rawling, Rawlin, Rawlins, Rowling etc...

I have Essex Rawlings in my tree (various spellings...) but cannot lay claim to young Honor, I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Try Rawling, Rawlin, Rawlins, Rowling etc...

I have Essex Rawlings in my tree (various spellings...) but cannot lay claim to young Honor, I am afraid.

Registrars being what they were, I'd also try Honour....
    Lesley

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

I have just trawled the GRO death Index from 1909 to 1928 with no sign of Honor Rawlings, Honor E Rawlings or Enid Rawlings of the right age (assuming that is her second name).
    The 1909 birth registration on FreeBMD shows her middle name to be Enid.
    Is it possible that family have it wrong and she did not die young?
    ChristineR

Well, I've found an Honor E Rollinson who married a William C. Fewster in June 1926, in Shoreditch. My Honor would have been 17 in 1926....

Browneyes

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    Well, I've found an Honor E Rollinson who married a William C. Fewster in June 1926, in Shoreditch. My Honor would have been 17 in 1926....

Browneyes

With the permission of her parents, that's possible...
    Lesley

I guess my next step is to see if there are any other records for 'Honor E. Rollinson' or 'Honor E. Fewster' etc. Plus there's the marriage of course.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that my Honor was 'with child' which would explain why others might have been told she had died - very sad but it happened didn't it?

Browneyes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast