Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fiona67

Default Lucretia Hockridge

Hi
    I am hoping someone can help me. I am looking for Lucretia Chichester Hockridge b about 1885 Clerkenwell London F. Thomas Granville Hockridge M. Frances Jane Hudson). I have her on the 1891 & 1901 census in London. I think she might have gone to Canada sometime after that.

Regards
    Fiona

Brick wall demolition expert!

I see her travelling to Canada on two occasions:

19 Jun 1914 Tunisian
    3 Jul 1927 Regina

Will dig out the details from the images now.

Adele

janbooth

Default Lucretia HOCKRIDGE

According to Ancestry's UK Incoming Passenger Lists, a Miss L C HOCKRIDGE, aged 34, departed from Montreal Quebec on the Minnedosa (of The Canadian Pacific Line) arriving at Liverpool on 24 September 1919. From the image of the ship's record, her European address was shown as Beer, Devon, her occupation was H/Keeper.

HTH

Janet

1914 voyage - Liverpool to Quebec
    - ticket #7939
    - age 28
    - has never been in Canada before
    - not intending permanent residence
    - going to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

1927 voyage - Liverpool to Montreal
    - age 41, single
    - born London England
    - was in Canada prior for period 1914 - 1919 at Winnipeg
    - not intending to stay permanently
    - passage paid by Percy Clark
    - no occupation in home country, not intending an occupation in Canada
    - arrival contact Percy Clark, Canada Buildings, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    - departure contact Mr. Thomas Grenville (Granville?) Hockridge, M.D.C.M. McGill Mount Joy, Beer(?), Devon
    - admitted as a 6 month non-immigrant
    - passport issued in London (# illegible)

Will also check for voyages with name misspelled.

Cheers,
    Adele

I'm also seeing a Mabel Granville Hockridge b1884-1891 and a T G Hockridge b1849 on passenger lists to Canada. Do you want those details?
    Adele

Fiona67

Yes please if it is not to much trouble that would be great. Mabel is Lucretia's sister and T G Hockridge b 1849 is her father

Fiona

SS Austrian leaving Liverpool Sep 24 1868 to Quebec

Ticket #1428
    Mary E Hockridge 23 Spinster English
    Mary J Stern 26 Spinster English
    T G Hockridge 19 Labourer English

----------------------------

Grampian Glasgow Scotland to Quebec arriving 10 Aug 1908

Ticket # 6317 - all final destination Belleville Ont.
    H W Ackerman 39 Married Accountant b. England / Returning Canadian
    Louise Ackerman 29 Married No Occupation b England / Returning Canadian
    Mabel G Hockridge 24 Single No Occupation b England / Tourist

-----------------------------

Mauritania Liverpool to New York, New York arriving 8 Feb 1913.

No ticket # / passengers on previous & following lines have different final destinations, so she's travelling alone?

Hockridge, Mabel Granville 22 single, in Canada 3 years ago at Saskatoon for 13 months, intends to permanently reside in Canada. B. England Race: English. Final destination Saskatoon Saskatchewan. Occupation in England - none, Intended occupation in Canada - h'wife. Religion - Protestant.

Hope this helps
    Adele

Fiona67

Thank you so much. Mabel must have been leaving England to marry someone that she had met on a previous visit. That is kind of romantic isn't it. Is it possible to find the marriage? If it is not to much trouble

Fiona
    Last edited by Fiona67; 21-01-2009 at 1:00 AM. Reason: Ask a question

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any online indexes for marriages in Saskatchewan.

This website will eventually have online marriage indexes. Currently they have births over 100 years ago and deaths to 1917.

https://www.isc.ca/Default.aspx?DN=20...10,1,Documents

There's a link on the page for certificate fees, and a link lower down the page for the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. They may have information on their website.

Adele

PS. Yes, it is very romantic!
    Last edited by AdeleE; 21-01-2009 at 1:16 AM. Reason: added PS.

clarke6041

Hi Fiona,

Mabel Granville Hockridge Clarke was my Grandmother and her father was a doctor in London, Thomas Granville Hockridge and mother, Frances Jane Hudson. Mabel was indeed leaving England to get married! Very romantic! She met Percy Clarke in Cobourg, Ontario, Canada on a previous visit. She sailed into New York City, N.Y. and they were married on Feb 8th, 1913 at the Little Church around the Corner in New York City but not before Percy sailed to England to meet her parents and ask for her hand in marriage. Percy met her there in New York City. They then settled in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan as was planned. They had two sets of twin boys, Robert Granville Clarke and John Samuel Clarke in 1914 (March 20) and James Hudson Clarke and William King Clarke in 1919 (April 12). My Grandmother Mabel died in 1921 in Beer Devon. They called Lucretia "Auntie Lou". She left for England with Mabel in late 1919 with all four boys to visit their parents in Beer, Devon, England. This was not Auntie Lou's first visit to Canada. While there, Mabel became ill with breast cancer and died. My father Jim (James) and his twin Bill (William) stayed with their grandparents and Auntie Lou until 1926 when then joined their father and brothers in Saskatoon. Auntie Lou accompanied the young boys on their voyage to Canada. Unfortunately Auntie Lou died a few years later and is buried in Saskatoon. I visited her grave in April 2009 while on a trip there. She never married nor did she have any children. I have a lot more information about the Hockridge family if you are interested. I am curious as to your relationship with Lucretia Hockridge. Perhaps you may be a relative of mine? I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Judy Clarke, Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast