Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jennifer Wesley

Great!! jn10601. At last have found someone who is connected to this family Albert Andrew Jack is my 3rd great grandfather.

Jennifer Wesley

Hi Sue, I eventually found where my great grandfather, William Norton Hayman was buried. Right here in Durban in Stellawood Cemetery. The sad thing is he was buried as a pauper as no one claimed his body. He died November 1963

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Wesley View Post
    Hi Sue, I eventually found where my great grandfather, William Norton Hayman was buried. Right here in Durban in Stellawood Cemetery. The sad thing is he was buried as a pauper as no one claimed his body. He died November 1963

Jenny
    Thanks for letting us know
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Jennifer Wesley

I haven`t been here for a while so thought I would just update some info I found a while back. I have found both Francis Eleanor Cain nee Jackson`s marriage certificates to William Henry Cain & William Norton Hayman ( he had his second name on certificate as Norman, which is probably why my late father`s second name was Norman) Both marriages were here in Durban. Also had a great granddaughter from her first marriage find me through genealogy ,who emailed me a page from a bible which gave me more names of Francis`s siblings and birth dates. Since found some of their marriage certificates. I have also found some records here in South Africa that 2 of William Norton Hayman`s brothers came to South Africa. I was given a record here of a Lennox Hayman working as a degreaser on a ship by Sue Mackay and been told it was definitely him. Thank you Sue.
    I have also been told that Lennox Hayman had a relationship with a Molly in Gloucester, England, they never married as he was never divorced from my Gran and they think he had 2 children from that relationship, a boy and a girl. So whether these children took on his surname or the mother`s I don`t know. Her surname is not known. Another mystery. Also Lennox was away a lot working on ships and they think he was buried at sea. Are there any records kept of burials at sea?

regards
    Jenny Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Wesley View Post
    Are there any records kept of burials at sea?
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/r...eaorabroad.htm
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Jennifer Wesley

Many thanks Sue. I have taken a look, nothing but records only go up to 1968 when he would have been 64 years old, so maybe he died at a later stage.

Jennifer Wesley

Hi, Albert Andrew Jack is my 3rd Great Grandfather. Glad you found this info. Sue McKay has been such a great help with my tree, of which I knew nothing about my father`s paternal ancestors till she helped me.

Jennifer Wesley

Hi Sue, I have since found out that that this John James Jackson & Fanny Esther Jackson are not my John & Fanny Jackson. My great great grandmother Fanny Jackson born Dunn remarried John Gambling Sayers on 6 March 1901 in Durban after John James Jackson died in 2000 in York, England, I believe. Fanny died 28 august 2008 in Durban. I have found a photo of her grave and found her DN which gave all her children`s names.

Jennifer Wesley

Hi Sue Mackay, I am sure this is a record of my grandfather Lennox John Hayman that you found a few years ago for me, as I have now found a record in a 12 February 1953 Sunderland Newspaper in which Lennox Hayman from South Africa who brought in a copy of Natal Daily News to them. Also the ship M V Ripley was built in Sunderland and had it`s first maiden voyage in 1952/53. So he must have been on it`s first Voyage. That was a Durban paper now called The Daily News. Also have 2 Merchant Navy record for Lennox Hayman one stamped 26 June 1946 in Middlesbro and the other on 11 December 1951 in Sunderland. Dates of birth are different on them one 1 June 1904 and other 2 June 1904, he was in fact 1 June 1904. Second record actually has a photo of him which was so exciting as we never had one of him. I have attached the 3 records.
    Thank you so much for all the help.

Jennifer Wesley

Hi Sue McKay, I must thank you for the record you gave me in 2009 re Lennox Hayman on MV Ripley. It was definitely him as I found a record in The Australian Archives- HAYMAN Lennox- Landed Hospital ex Ripley. I applied and paid for it and it was definitely him. They had his birth date exactly the same but spelt Durban as Durham. He was taken off RIPLEY at Port Lincoln, Australia on 25 November 1953. He then requested permission to stay in Australia. In these documents (22 Pages) I received was a document from Department of Social Affairs in Newcastle dated 11 August 1966, querying more info from Immigration on a Richard Lennox Hayman who was a crew member who landed at Port Lincoln on the ship "Ripoli" Date of birth was the same, 1/6/1904 at Durban, South Africa. Hand written at the bottom of this letter was Lennox Hayman and Ripley correcting the info. I then found a NSW Death for a Richard Hayman on 23 Nov 1966 for a seaman age 62 who died in Royal Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle. My Dad often mentioned him by the name of Dickie ( nickname for Richard I believe) so he must have changed his name to Richard. At last I know what happened to him. Thanks again for that passenger record, if I never had that I would never have been able to connect the dots.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast