obbie

Default john brock royal artillery . limerick militia

john brock born in devon 1837 ish joined royal artillery sent to spain .gib .malta married lady from gib. anne galeia-gelese-gelase ? (name spelt dif on all kids birth certs) by late 1860,s was in limerick militia 1876 rank quartermaster late 1880,s was captain hes in peerage web site daughter married a blood smyth . kids mary alice 1872 james jos 1874 george martin 1876 francis 1883 joseph patrick 1882 albert 1885 . they lived circular rd limerick and retired to dublin early 1900,s he died 9 oct 1918 his wife anne 29 aug 1910 ..... thats what i know id love ti know where when born family members and military career and his gib. wife ????? robert ... thanks

obbie

Quote Originally Posted by obbie View Post
    john brock born in devon 1837 ish joined royal artillery sent to spain .gib .malta married lady from gib. anne galeia-gelese-gelase ? (name spelt dif on all kids birth certs) by late 1860,s was in limerick militia 1876 rank quartermaster late 1880,s was captain hes in peerage web site daughter married a blood smyth . kids mary alice 1872 james jos 1874 george martin 1876 francis 1883 joseph patrick 1882 albert 1885 . they lived circular rd limerick and retired to dublin early 1900,s he died 9 oct 1918 his wife anne 29 aug 1910 ..... thats what i know id love ti know where when born family members and military career and his gib. wife ????? robert ... thanks
    help me

Quote Originally Posted by obbie View Post
    help me

I think that people need more than one minute to read your post, think about it and then write an answer, assuming that someone who knows an answer is online at the moment!

I've deleted your duplicate thread, we don't want to spread any replies over two threads and confuse people.

BTW, welcome to BG!

Lesley

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G forums

There are loads of records at The National Archives (TNA) in Kew. They ahve loads of research guides to help people find out what to look for and where. Click on this link - Research Guides and then look at the links prefixed 'British Army'

Although this is not him, perhaps he followed a relative into the army?

John BROCK, bn Tiverton

On this forum, you'll see a sticky thread at the top of the list, 'How to find some British Army records' - which provides some advice

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

His, I just came across your post review. Captain Brock.
    I came across a photo of him and his wifemail and sister-in-law. Also his daughter and her children. They were friends of my great grandfather who had photos of them in his album.
    He was stationed near our family house in Limerick.
    Hopefully you will see this post which may be of interest to you.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Hod5454
    Obbie was last online in 2015 and hopefully is using the same email address he joined up with which should give him notification of your post. It would be a pity if he misses out on some family photos
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Christina for the information. I hope Obbie will contact me as I'm sure the photos will be of interest to him. Thanks again

obbie

Hi hod5454. Sent you a private message which I hope you get had given up on John, I’m of ill health so not so active anymore.
    Looking forward to hearing from you would cheer me up great.
    Me Mam’s very excited John has a huge family mostly Dublin I’m Co. Clare

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default re. Captain John Brock

Dear Obbie,
    Delighted to have made contact, I will email you the details I have.