Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buxton, Norfolk

Wellard

Default Jegon Family

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Just bringing this thread to the fore as it's a few years since I posted it.
    As well as 14,000 entries for my Buxton study, I aso have records to help trace foreigners from as far away as Horstead, Lamas, Coltishall, Stratton Srawless and Aylsham. Also a few records for Burgh and Brampton.
    Hello Geoffers

I'm very hopeful that your Buxton study might contain some information that I'm missing in my attempts to research the Jegon family tree.

I'm wanting to find more information about Robert Jegon who was born c1607. His father, John Jegon, (born
    c1550) was Bishop of Norwich 1603-18. His mother was Dorothy Lilia Vaughan (born c 1580). They married
    c1607. John died in 1618 and is buried inside the Parish Church in Aylsham Norfolk.

Robert Jegon was one of four children, the others being John, Dorothy and Joane.

I do not know when, (or to whom) Robert married, but he had a son called William Jegon who I believe was baptized on 6th May 1650 in Buxton, Norfolk. William Jegon became Rector of Swanton Morley and died there 18th Nov 1710.

I'm hoping that the records you have for Buxton will include details of William Jegon's christening and that these might include more details about his father Robert and his mother. I'm also keen to learn whether Robert had any brothers or sisters.

I'm visiting Norfolk in March and intending to visit Swanton Morley, Aylsham and Buxton to progress my research. Anything you can add to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your trouble.

Wellard

DebraJane

To : Wellard
    I would love to connect with you and compare notes. I have been trying to tie William Jegon to Bishop Jegon for some time. William Jegon is my 8th great-grandfather and I was aware that there was a connection to the Bishop but have been unable to establish William's parentage. Would love to hear from you.
    Sincerely, Deb Jahn

Procat

Hi Wellard,

Unfortunately Geoffers is no longer active on the forum and is unlikely to see your post.

Wellard

Hello Procat

Thanks for the information about "Geoffers". I've since stumbled upon reports of the work done by Goeff Lowe and others to transcribe parish records and provide these to the Norfolk Records Office. It's quite likely that they are one and the same so I'm grateful that the knowledge Geoffers uncovered has been made available to the public.

Wellard

Wellard

Hello DebraJane

It seems we are both interested in the Wellard family. My father's stepfather was Charles Thomas Jegon Wellard who was decended from Anne Jegon and Robert Wellard who married 24th Nov 1711. Anne Jegon was the daughter of William Jegon and his first wife Mary. I can be sure that Anne Jegon was decended from Bishop John Jegon because there is an ancient memorial stone to Robert Wellard in Alkham Church, Kent which states this. I can send you the inscription if you don't have it. My understanding is that William was the son of Robert Jegon who was the first born son of Bishop John Jegon. I don't know the name of Robert's wife, or whether they had other children. Robert Wellard was the son of John Wellard and Ann Croshold. Both John and Robert were Town Clerk of Dover.

I have quite a lot of historical information about this line of the Wellard family because others in the family have researched and preserved documents. Anne Jegon was the only child of William and Mary to survive into adulthood so documents dating back to those time were handed down through the Wellard line and ended up with me. Out of curiosity I am keen to fill in the gaps in my knowledge about the Jegons and other branches of the Wellard family and am happy to collaborate with you and share our history.

Best regards

Howard Bowron

RoninYudanshaRy

Hi Geoffers,
    My Grandfather Alfred James Ives was born in Erpingham in 1889, family moved to Buxton, Lammas one of his brothers was gamekeeper on them local estate during WW11 my mother Irene was evacuated there. I know he had several brothers one killed in ww1 another was gamekeeper, another Fred moved to N London grandfather to Mike Reid comedian, but have no more information, what have you if anything?
    Regards
    Ray

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi Ray
    Unfortunately as you can see from Post #23, Geoffers is no longer active on the forum and is unlikely to see your post.
    Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

RoninYudanshaRy

Default Buxton Norfolk

Thanks for the heads up Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123