Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weston School

Loves to help with queries.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    My chap was there in 1871 whereas your lad was a few years later. Have you found out any more about the place since your last post to this thread?

Thanks

Colin
    I followed up the sources given above and there were some interesting photos and googled info. I haven't found anything new but didn't expect much more.
    Just by chance, last night I came across a photo in a large collection from my grandfather's sister. Wonderful resource you might think but only one was labelled. It was entitled "tallest and shortest" and is of a very tall boy and a very short boy! They are dressed in school uniform and the photographer's studio was in Bath. I assume they were from Weston School!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    I'm Weston-super-Mare born and bred, but have never heard of "Weston School".

By coincidence, I now live 5 minutes from the village of Weston, Bath.

The old school is still in the High Street, but is now used as a pre-school.

Weston All Saints Primary school (known locally as "WASPS") has been in an area above the village, off a road called Lansdown Lane. I think it's been there since the 50s.

Luckily there have been lots of books written about Weston Village life. I'm sure you could source these from a local library:

http://www.westonweb.co.uk/books.html
    Thanks Jonesy if I'm in the area I will make a 'pilgrimage' to the old school.
    Most of the books about Weston are too recent, though I have had a few titbits from the sources given above. I will certainly follow up the website you've given.

Quote Originally Posted by radstockjeff View Post
    I have a booklet "Looking Back at Weston 1535-1900" in which there is some info regarding the school. Happy to email a couple of scanned pages

radstockjeff
    That would be brilliant radstockjeff. I will pm you.

Default Still looking

Hi there, I live in the building which was formally the Weston School just outside of Bath. We are trying to research the history behind the building/school. If anyone is willing to share the pictures or information they have we would be very grateful!

Hopefully some people still use this forum as its been a few years

Loves to help with queries Jonesy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caskew View Post
    Hi there, I live in the building which was formally the Weston School just outside of Bath. We are trying to research the history behind the building/school. If anyone is willing to share the pictures or information they have we would be very grateful!

www.bathintime.co.uk

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Caskew View Post

http://newspapers.library.wales

Click on link. "weston school" (include the " " as part of search key) in the Search field will return 397 hits (not all "your" Weston School!). Intrigued to see there was a sufficient Welsh presence to allow for England v Wales internationals amongst the boys in the 1890s.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12