epiphany1914

Default Dooleys in Jamaica

Hi all

Looking for information on Alan Clifton Dooley born 2 November 1927 in Jamaica. His father was Hubert who emigrated from Ireland aged 6 with his brother John and Father John. Alan moved to England 1956 ish. He has at least four brothers to name.

I would appreciate anything to do with his life in Jamaica and his parents etc.

God bless all

Tony
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 28-02-2020 at 2:03 AM. Reason: Names of possible living people (Alan's brothers)removed in line with our current T&Cs.

Heather

Smile Dooley in Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany1914 View Post
    Hi all

Looking for information on Alan Clifton Dooley born 2 November 1927 in Jamaica. His father was Hubert who emigrated from Ireland aged 6 with his brother John and Father John. Alan moved to England 1956 ish. He has brothers Segismund, Jonny, Sunny, Oscar to name a few.

God bless all

Tony
    Tony.....Jamaican Civil Records are available until the 1950's at least, so if you go to the Mormon Family History Centre and order in a film for births for 1927, you most likely will find him. Along with parents, siblings, etc. assuming that they were all recorded in Jamaica. We don't have that luxury here in Canada......privacy laws restrict anything later than 1905 for the census, etc.

Heather, Moderator

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany1914 View Post
    Hi all

Looking for information on Alan Clifton Dooley born 2 November 1927 in Jamaica. His father was Hubert who emigrated from Ireland aged 6 with his brother John and Father John. Alan moved to England 1956 ish. He has brothers Segismund, Jonny, Sunny, Oscar to name a few.

God bless all

Tony
    Hello Tony, this is christpher dooley in jamaica, i am also looking to get some information on hubert dooley as he is my grandfather.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello dooley777,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Tony's post is a very old one, and he hasn't visited the site for almost ten years, so you will have to keep your fingers tightly crossed and hope that he receives a message about your post. If he doesn't, you could try sending him a private message, but if that fails I'm afraid we have no other way of contacting him.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default My great grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by dooley777 View Post
    Hello Tony, this is christpher dooley in jamaica, i am also looking to get some information on hubert dooley as he is my grandfather.
    Hi there! I am Crystal and Hubert is my dads grandfather! Alan is my grandad. Do you have any idea why the Irish came to Jamaica?