Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    james patrick

Dear Roy,

I'm replying to you more than two years after you posted this message. Visiting Sydney from S. Africa where I live now (born and brought up in Kilsyth), I thought I would try to find out what happened to my grandfather after he left Scotland. No, he didn't divorce my grandmother (I suppose such a thing, particularly among ordinary people, was unthinkable). He left Scotland - with presumably your wife's grandmother - for Australia: I have a photograph of them together which my cousin in Kilysth gave me though I don't know how she got it.

Some twenty years ago, a James Patrick and his wife from Australia came to Kilsyth looking for his grand parents. They were directed to my my father, also James Patrick, then still alive. But my parents were away at the time and no contact was made. I would be extremely interested to find out the whole story. Please get in touch with me at this address:
    jamespatrick DOT ct AT hotmail DOT com

James Patrick
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 18-04-2011 at 2:23 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spammers

ROYGBIV

Hi James

Would certainly like to see what info we can share and compare. Have tried to send a couple of emails. Not sure if they got through, howver, you can PM me, and I will le tyou know what info I have.

Cheers, Roy

jhjarvie

Hi Roy, you can get me on jhjarvieATgmailDOTcom

Margaret S

Hi Roy from Bonnie Kilsyth!!!
    Hope you got my message sent tonight. If not, please reply to me on the blog. I'm also researching Grandfather Patrick's family line.
    It will great to hear from you as I can complete parts of the picture from this end. Take care, Margaret S.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Roy, I came across your post when I did a google search for the Patrick family in Kilsyth. James and Sophia were also my grandparents so your wife and I would be first cousins. My father was John Patrick who was your wife’s uncle. I was born in Sydney but my brother was born in Victoria so we spent at least some time there. We were still very young when we moved back to NSW. My parents separated when I was seven. Dad was still about but we did not see dads family after that except for Uncle Bill who spent some time in Sydney. About twenty years ago I called in to see my Aunt Rosilyn. She took me to James and Sophias grave where dads ashes are which was a wonderful thing for her to do.
    I have no clear memories of my grandparents because I was so young when I left but mum tells me we did spend a lot of time with them.
    I have had a lot of trouble tracking down dads side of the family but had a recent breakthrough. This lovely woman had a match and sent me enough information to be able to research it more. I think I have the Patrick’s going back about nine generations in Kilsyth so far. This is probably already known to you. She had information about his first marriage. I wonder if dad knew that he had more siblings?
    It sounds like my grandfather was quite a character though it does sound like they had a long and hopefully happy marriage. I would love to see their photo.
    Strange world isn’t it when you find such close relations on a web site.
    Cheers,
    Gail

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Gail.
    Roy was last here in 2014, but if he’s still using the email he registered with, he should have had a message that there’s a reply for him, and hopefully he’ll come back.
    In the mean time, have a wander round and see what else we have, and tell us about some of your research.
    Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12