Sandra Parker

Default Vonderfelten & Kirschei (Neustadt & Nassau)

Hope you don't mind me joining in with

Vonderfelten - Nassau (Vandervelden, van den Delden & other variations once in England around 1860's)

Kirschei - Neustadt, Nassau

Thanks
    Sandra with the spectacled aura
    Last edited by Sandra Parker; 01-01-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: forgot my spectacles!

Procat

Greetings Sandra.

I have given your post its own thread as it may attract more attention that way.

Astoria

https://pilot.familysearch.org/record...start.html#p=4

Useful link, if you don't have it already.

Sandra Parker

Thanks for that. Unfortunately most Vandervelden's are of Dutch or Belgian ancestry, and most certainly the change from von to van occurred once this family were in England. The original pair married in London in 1868, I have their marriage certificate.
    Sleuthing on the part of a forum found relative, led to contact with the Kirchei side in Germany, but nothing seems to be known about the Van/Von Der/Den Delden/Velden lot, other than each of the 11 children are variously recorded as any or all of these variations!
    There's also a possible Vandervelden aunt,Wilhemina, marrying a Peter Schmidt, and giving birth to 4 Schmidt sons, who quickly became Smiths and joined the fray. They lived around Tunbridge. At least the 2 older ones,were Rudolf and Augustus, but followed by Patrick and Frederick, has made it a bit difficult to locate.

Ah well, everything comes to she who waits - eventually! Well, that's what they say.
    Sandra with the spectacled aura

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

This is a very old post but I just stumbled across it. I am descended from Wilhelmina and Peter - their son Frederick was my grandfather. Any info about Wilhelmina and Peter would be gratefully received Thanks
    PennyL

Sandra Parker

Wow! the wonders of the internet. I have done quite a bit of research on the family and although I have quite a bit on the Schmidt side, I still have some gaps. I have quite a lot on Wilhemina's family. Would love to share with you.
    See everything does come to those who wait!
    Sandra