patrick barnes

Default Occupation Road, Lincoln

Can any one help me with locating Occupation Road, Lincoln. I have searched through the old Lincoln City maps though can find nothing under this name, although the name does ring a bell.

As part of my family research, I like to trace where my ancestors lived and my Great Grand Father, "Edward Hoorace Booth" lived here with his wife "Hettie Lavinia" formerly "Hooseman" in 1915 so I'm assuming the place no longer exists.

Regards,

Patrick

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Occupation road goes off burton Road, runs parallel for a short distance and then joins upper Leys Road.

patrick barnes

Default Reference: Occupation Road

Thanks for your help, now I know exactly where it is on my map, very close to the Lawn hospital. I was'nt able to trace it because there was no name on it. The street is to small to print the name.

Regards,

Patrick

freddie999

Default Occupation road

The name rings a bell, I am sure I have passed a street with that street name/sign as I travel with a taxi-driver taking a short cut ; so I am sure it might stil be there. Sorry, I cant be specific, I can't remember where I saw it.

speak to you soon

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by patrick barnes View Post
    Can any one help me with locating Occupation Road, Lincoln. I have searched through the old Lincoln City maps though can find nothing under this name, although the name does ring a bell.

As part of my family research, I like to trace where my ancestors lived and my Great Grand Father, "Edward Hoorace Booth" lived here with his wife "Hettie Lavinia" formerly "Hooseman" in 1915 so I'm assuming the place no longer exists.

Regards,

Patrick
    If you go to Multimap and feed it "Occupation Rd, Lincoln" you'll get a nice road map showing it.
    Lesley

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Are you still there Patrick.
    I contact because I was randomly checking my grandmothers name on google just now. She was Hettie Lavinia Booth and lived in Lincoln. So I thought I'd contact. David

I’m sorry, Patrick is no longer a member. You can tell because the line under his name has changed to guest”,

BTW Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Have a wander round and see what is where.