aussieshay

Default LEWIN, STEVENS, PEACE , ACTON, DAWKES

Interested in the Lewin, Peace , Stevens, and Acton families in Huntingdonshire.

Mary Ann Acton b c 1713 All Saints, St Ives married William Peace b 1709 St Ives, married by about 1735 and had the following children, Elizabeth, William , Humphrey, John, Ann and Mary.

Jacob Stevens married Mary Millett in 1723 at St Ives and had the following children , Joseph, Ann and Thomas.
    Thomas married Elizabeth Peace in 1757 in St Ives.

Lots of Lewins! William b 1808 Ellington married Charlotte Dawkes. William Lewin b 1761 married Elizabeth or Ann Abbott.John Lewin married Katherine Pryor in 1744. They all had lots of children!

Charlottes Dawkes father was Robert Dawkes of Gt Staughton, Hunts.

Interested in finding others researching the same or associated families.

WARBABY

Question

Hi just found your interest in the LEWIN name Hunts.area I'm not as far back as you. I am descended from Elizabeth Lewin born 1820 to Thomas and Ruth Lewin, the other children I know of are Joseph born 1814 and Sarah born 1817they all lived at Folksworth Huntingdon. Could we have any family ties, if you think so I would be pleased to hear from you. My great grandmother had a brother named Lewin Jinks. Lewin being his mothers maiden name. Dont know if this is of any relevance. Warbaby

aussieshay

Hi Warbaby,

Lovely to hear from you. Given there is only 15 miles between Folksworth and Ellington ( which is where my lot were by about 1806) one would think there is some connection.

At a first glance of my family names I cant see anything that definately relates to your information.However John Lewin and Katherine Pryor had 8 children, and perhaps one of those children is the start of your line. I dont have any descendant details for any of those children.

It looks like your Joseph Lewin never married and was still in Folkstone in 1881does that sound right, and that he was the only Lewin listed?

Im more than happy to send you my Lewin information in the hopes that we can make a connection at some stage. Feel free to PM me with your email address and I'll shoot it off to you.

Regards
    Shay

WARBABY

Smile LEWIN

Hi AUSSIESHAY.thanks for geting in touch, I have no other info.on the Lewins yet except that elizabeth married Thomas Jinks in 1840 & on the 1851 census they had 3 children, Elizabeth 10, Ann 5, Lewin 1, & Thomas Lewin unmarried (possibly wid.)age 50,then in Dec.1851 they had MARIA my (Gt.Gt.Grandmother) I still have a lot of work to do on this line.
    Ill keep you informed.WARBABY

JPBeds

Default Lewins of Swineshead

Hi, See link to Rootschat topic of the Lewins of Swineshead, just the other side of the Hunts border.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index...,255344.0.html

regards John

BCLewin

I encourage all Lewin males to participate in the Lewin Y-DNA project at familytree.com. It is not too expensive and the information could be very valuable.
    Regards,
    BCLEWIN

Wendy McLennan

Default Peace and Acton families in Huntingdonshire

Quote Originally Posted by aussieshay View Post
    Interested in the Lewin, Peace , Stevens, and Acton families in Huntingdonshire.

Mary Ann Acton b c 1713 All Saints, St Ives married William Peace b 1709 St Ives, married by about 1735 and had the following children, Elizabeth, William , Humphrey, John, Ann and Mary.

Jacob Stevens married Mary Millett in 1723 at St Ives and had the following children , Joseph, Ann and Thomas.
    Thomas married Elizabeth Peace in 1757 in St Ives.

Lots of Lewins! William b 1808 Ellington married Charlotte Dawkes. William Lewin b 1761 married Elizabeth or Ann Abbott.John Lewin married Katherine Pryor in 1744. They all had lots of children!

Charlottes Dawkes father was Robert Dawkes of Gt Staughton, Hunts.

Interested in finding others researching the same or associated families.
    Hi Aussieshay,
    I am a descendant of William Peace & Mary Ann Acton, through their son John who married Hannah Hall. I'd be pleased to have contact with you regarding the Peace & Acton families.
    I haven't submitted a reply or query to this forum for many years, so not sure that I'm doing it correctly !

Regards.............Wendy