Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kerrie

Exclamation Mobbs Miller Kettering

Hi

I am looking for information in regards the company Mobbs Miller in Kettering. I believe it now has another name but it is still listed in the local registry as Mobbs Miller. They are in Carrington Street Kettering. My interest is that they took over from a family company called FA Miller and Sons or maybe be better known as Wellington Works. It was a boot and shoe factory.

Kerrie

saja

Kerrie
    I live in Kettering. Although I don't know the answer I will when next at the reference libary see what I can find out for you. If this would help you. Hopefully in the next month I will get time.
    Saja

kerrie

Smile

Much Appreciated Saja,THANK YOU. Regards Kerrie

Paul Gary Payne

It was not a boot and shoe factory It made the wooden "lasts" (copy of a foot) that they made shoes around. Let me know if you need more info. I could be getting mixed up with a factory in I think Queen St.
    Last edited by Paul Gary Payne; 13-04-2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Mistakes

kerrie

Hi Paul

I was uder the understanding that when it was FA Miller and Sons they made boots particularily for the Army. I am really not sure waht it is now but I would really like to find out about what happened and when.

Regards

Kerrie

RichY

Quote Originally Posted by kerrie View Post
    Hi

I am looking for information in regards the company Mobbs Miller in Kettering. I believe it now has another name but it is still listed in the local registry as Mobbs Miller. They are in Carrington Street Kettering. My interest is that they took over from a family company called FA Miller and Sons or maybe be better known as Wellington Works. It was a boot and shoe factory.

Kerrie
    Hi Kerrie

I don't know whether there's any connection, but I have relatives name of Mobbs listed in the 1841 census for Holcot as Shoe Rivetters - 2 families, one in Front Street, the other in Back Street.

If you want details, please let me know.

jfkxyz

Default Mobbs Miller Kettering

Did you get all the information you wanted about Mobbs Miller? I worked there for a few years in the 1970s and can add to and correct some incorrect information. For example, I confirm they were not boot or shoe manufacturers but made components for shoe manufacturers such as lasts (in wood originally but in plastic later on) in Kettering and heels in Northampton.
    A great firm to work for!
    John

alanfmurray

Hi John - I'm on a different tack on Mobbs Miller! Do you remember whether on not they made lasts for Loake in Kettering? Happy New Year.
    Alan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

hello g/day i have also relative named mobbs in kettering pls contact me re Mike Burton

Hi, My name is Alan, from Australia. I am researching my distant relatives, by the name of Mobbs. My Great Great Great Great Grand Father immigrated to Australia, his name was Owen Mobbs and his wife was Ellen Mahoney. The immigrated to South Australia and lived in Truro SA. They came from Kettering Northhamptonshire. I have noticed the the name Mobbs is mentioned in many places there. Can anyone tell me if the is any significance with the name Mobbs in Kettering.
    Thanks so much. Alan.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast