Kingetter

Default BOYES, Grizel m JARDINE, David

Looking for ideas about Grizel BOYES and her family. Her father believed to be William BOYES, born 1735 in Dryfesdale, Dumfriesshire.
    Need to learn more of her family and also of David JARDINE.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter View Post
    Looking for ideas about Grizel BOYES and her family. Her father believed to be William BOYES, born 1735 in Dryfesdale, Dumfriesshire.
    Need to learn more of her family and also of David JARDINE.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Where have you looked? Have you tried testaments, memorial inscriptions, that sort of thing?
    Lesley

Kingetter

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, just picked up on this yesterday, got message posted and now my pc is about to be shut down - faults and upgrades but the 'engineer' is coming sometime in the next hour or so. I've no idea what outcome will be.

I'd got nothing checked of the list you suggested as I've kind of 'lost my way' in the basic steps - 2 months in hospital very recently with a long recuperation ahead followed by this sick pc has kind of slowed my 'mental processes' down.

This is in fact on someone else's behalf. Maybe I should have left alone.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter View Post
    Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, just picked up on this yesterday, got message posted and now my pc is about to be shut down - faults and upgrades but the 'engineer' is coming sometime in the next hour or so. I've no idea what outcome will be.

I'd got nothing checked of the list you suggested as I've kind of 'lost my way' in the basic steps - 2 months in hospital very recently with a long recuperation ahead followed by this sick pc has kind of slowed my 'mental processes' down.

This is in fact on someone else's behalf. Maybe I should have left alone.

James.
    Well it's a way to keep busy while recuperating! Take things gently, though.

When the pc's sorted, take a look at the 3 stickies I've left in the General Scottish forum - that should remind you of the way.
    Once you get back to the 18th century, a lot of it is luck- damp, war, neglect and poor materials did nothing for the survival of records!

Lesley

Fiona67

Default Here she is

This is her......couldn't find a marriage for her on the IGI though

GRIZEL BOYES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event(s):
    Birth:
    Christening: 03 FEB 1760 Dryfesdale, Dumfries, Scotland

Death:
    Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Parents:
    Father: WILLIAM BOYES

Kingetter

Fiona, thanks.
    Sorry for long delay in replying - computer went awol over Christmas and New Year so I've now got a load of catching up to get through.

Thanks again,

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona67 View Post
    This is her......couldn't find a marriage for her on the IGI though

GRIZEL BOYES

Event(s):
    Birth:
    Christening: 03 FEB 1760 Dryfesdale, Dumfries, Scotland

Death:
    Burial:

Parents:
    Father: WILLIAM BOYES