Thread: Grant

scottishmist

Default Grant

I am trying to find the death cert for Lanchan Grant I know he was still alive in
    1881 I have found him on a Census but he is not on the Census in 1891 and the family is in the census 1891
    I have look on SP but can't find the right Lachlan
    He was born about 1801 In Strath and Married Hellen Chrisholm and remarried Margaret Matheson
    Any help would be great
    Cheers Jan

Quote Originally Posted by scottishmist View Post
    I am trying to find the death cert for Lanchan Grant I know he was still alive in
    1881 I have found him on a Census but he is not on the Census in 1891 and the family is in the census 1891
    I have look on SP but can't find the right Lachlan
    He was born about 1801 In Strath and Married Hellen Chrisholm and remarried Margaret Matheson
    Any help would be great
    Cheers Jan
    How widely are you casting your net in searching for death certs ( I assume that his wife is shown as a widow in the 1891?)? By the end of the 19th century, people were starting to die in hospitals (or almshouses) if the family couldn't cope. One of mine who'd been living on Leysmill in the middle of Angus turned out to have died in St Andrews, miles away from his own home, but not far from that of his eldest son.
    Lesley

scottishmist

Hi Lesley
    I have just search Inverness
    I will have a go at searching the whole of Scotland and then try and narrow it down with dates before I look at the cert
    Cheers Jan

scottishmist

Hi I still no luck finding the right Lachlan Grant I have found a few but none are the one I am looking for
    Cheers Jan